World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLife77

Figured out where the Nerve Pain Originates From in My Buttocks!!!!!

LivingLife77

So I was at a massage today and as normal my buttcheek was hurting and nerve pain traveling in a diagonal fashion from the mid-top to mid-lower part of my butt then extending into my leg. As the woman was massaging me, she pressed into each area. One area I said OUCH!!!!!! What is that?

She said it is the Piriformis muscle. Sure enough I got home, looked it up and called a Doctor friend. The web says it is frequently peirced by the peroneal nerve when the siatic nerve bifrucates prior to exiting the greater sciatic foramen. No idea what that means but I do know that it says that you can get problems when the priformis irritates the sciatic nerve.

I would describe all my pain starting from my butt cheek and extending down into my leg. My lower back does not hurt. This occurs mostly on the right side but has hit me on the right before.

Anyone else know about this? I think I am finally getting somewhere. The nerve pain is the worst part of what is going on.

GntiNh

Yep I go for remedial therapy orthopaedic massage (orginally for a back problem), and yep I got lost in the biology, but hey, the pain has gone :)

LivingLife77

Huh?

I went to get a massage and the pain still remains. IT did absolutely nothing but the lady did know a lot about muscles. I am on neurotin now low dose and am now looking for the next step to total elimination.

GntiNh

It took several sessions for the pain to go, and some days it still hurts, but I haven't taken painkillers for weeks.

Whats the next step?

LivingLife77

I don't know

I am going to tell my main doctor wed. I think it is all related to Herpes and that I don't have what they call Piriformis Syndrome. I think upping neurotin may help. Vicodin obviously helps but I would rather eliminate the cause then the masking--meaning supress Herpes somehow.

GntiNh

Good luck. Part of me was "pleased" - I know that's the wrong word, but realising that the pain was a side effect of H, instead of something.

How have yo got on with neurotin ? Any side effects ?