World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
usmcstayingstrong

Dating again... here for support

usmcstayingstrong

Hellos everyone i wanted to sign up again to this forum board and get support, opinnions and information from all of you. I have been dating now for a few weeks and after finally breakin the ice and tell my partner about my infection, she has decided to give me the opportunity to be part of her life. It is very challenging as I know in any moment she can regret her decision but as i told her, in a way i am prepared for rejection as i had to deal with that for the last 2 years after being diagnosed hsv positive. Wish me luck. You guys will be hearing from me soon again. You guys stay strong as there is a special one for everyone here. I never lost my hope.

JBnATL

Congratulations!

It sounds like you have found a good woman. Does she have a sister?

I have had this many years and have been fortunate not to ever been rejected after giving the 'talk'. I believe that this is due to the fact that through the internet and other media sources, information about herpes is getting disseminated to more people. And the more people know about this disease the social stigma associated with it lessens.

I believe when giving the 'talk' that it is important to do so in a calm manner. I never say "I have something important to tell you". In fact, I start out by asking a question "have you ever had a cold sore?". If the reply is "yes", I say I have something very similar in a different place. If the reply is "no", I tell them I carry the herpes virus. All the women I have told want to know more about the virus, so make sure you know as much as you can about this virus. And one girl even told me she had dated someone who had had herpes.

Good luck to everyone!

JB

Butterfly of the Moment

Hello there, It makes my heart warm to hear you still have hope you'll meet the right person. I wish you luck with that special lady! I'm scared of what would happen if my boyfriend and I broke up...how to face the world alone again. I see that I would need to KNOW that a man really cared about me and could fall in love with me for me to tell them...forget about getting intimate early. I'm like a penguin I'm planning to mate for life when I'm looking for relationships so hopefully there's a person like that out there for everyone who is looking for love...

usmcstayingstrong

JB thank you for your strong words. Unfortunately she doesnt have a sister. Yes she is a very wonderful woman and im willing to work my a$$ off to make this work, her decision to go for it tells me that she is willing to sacrify a lot, to be happy. she tells me how good she feels and what i have brought in to her life. Im talking about a very susccesful, goal and family oriented, strong minded and most of all independemt woman. Butterfly, you are right, im sure there a person like that for everyone, we just have to be patient.

alexjay

staying strong - this really does make me more hopeful. i started dating again a few months ago (having got HSV2 3 years ago) and it's been pretty emotional and distressing. i managed to tell a guy i'd been seeing for a couple of months and although he was really understanding, has decided he doesn't want to continue the relationship (he says there are other reasons but the H is obviously a big contributer to his decision). i'm so pleased for you and hope that everything continues to go well with your fabulous woman - she sounds great! thanks again to jb for your wise words...i'll try to be patient and positive