World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
becka09

herpes and ocd!

becka09

i just wanted to say that well first im not sure if this is the right place to say this but i have read some thing on here trying to deal with the whole idea of having hereps iv had it for a while now and have also picked up ocd since i found out that i got herpes but it was almost under control then i got pregnant had a baby and it got worse ( the ocd i mean ) but i was steal dealing and keeping it under contro; but then all of a sudden i somehow got sores on my butt and i dont no how or why so since then iv been worried about everything i have so many things i need to know but i do ask some and been researching also but iv read some of others problems or issues is better and i see now that im not an awful person im not a monster like i thought i was thanks for all the answers and there are probably more to come but this sight is very helpfull and im really trying to stop being so afraid still not sure if im being carefull enough but hanks for all !

rockgirl

Hi Beca,

I too have OCD and genital herpes. I recently has a child and I COMPLETLEY understand your fears. I am so afraid of this virus to the point that its driving me crazy with all of the obsessing. Maybe we could talk more about our fears and maybe we can comfort one another knowing that we are in the same situation. I would really enjoy talking to someone who understands how I'm feeling about being scared of passing it on to my son. Hope to hear back from you! I need a friend!

redyellowpurpleblue

Hi Beca,

I too have OCD and genital herpes. I recently has a child and I COMPLETLEY understand your fears. I am so afraid of this virus to the point that its driving me crazy with all of the obsessing. Maybe we could talk more about our fears and maybe we can comfort one another knowing that we are in the same situation. I would really enjoy talking to someone who understands how I'm feeling about being scared of passing it on to my son. Hope to hear back from you! I need a friend!

I have both too. except i don't have a child, and im not a woman.

rockgirl

hi redyellowpurpleblue(you have a long name, I had to look at it twice to type it lol)

I'm not glad that you go through the same agony as me, but im glad there are many others out there so know what im going through. Please keep in touch and I would love to talk to you as well to help with our fears about this virus.

redyellowpurpleblue

hi redyellowpurpleblue(you have a long name, I had to look at it twice to type it lol)

I'm not glad that you go through the same agony as me, but im glad there are many others out there so know what im going through. Please keep in touch and I would love to talk to you as well to help with our fears about this virus.

i go on the chat if you can get on that? lol im not sure what made me choose that name. it was an impulsive decision

rockgirl

you chat on this website? do you have a myspace? i know we dont know each other so even if you do you dont have to tell me lol.

redyellowpurpleblue

you chat on this website? do you have a myspace? i know we dont know each other so even if you do you dont have to tell me lol.

yea i chat on this website. don't really use myspace anymore. maybe msn if you have that? pm me?

clover

I thought I was the only one! Thanks for being open about this. I have hsv 1 that has spread from my mouth, then to chin, then to genitals, then to other parts of my face including near the eye (at least so I think). I feel like I have no control over this thing and need my ocd behaviors to cope with it. I wash my hands and use sanitizer constantly. I have fears of this virus contaminating another part of me. I also have fears that I will give it to someone else. I don't let people share things with me. I also check every part of my body everyday to see if the herpes is there. Now I'm afraid to put on lotion or makeup. It's getting bad...

:-( I hate this thing!

Katiehope

HSV1 and OCD Party in the house

Hey to everyone in this thread. I am HSV1 (constant OB) and have OCD too. I would LOVE to meet more people and share with you about what we are all dealing with. I always wish I had someone to talk to when I get that feeling to just leap off a bridge. I think I will wear out my hands with the washing and bleaching and dissinfecting of everything. What craziness but I dont know what else to do. If anyone wants to reach out to me - I'm here.

rockgirl

Hi Clover and KatieHope!

I'm glad there's more people out there than just me! You feel so alone with this. I always fear of spreading to other parts of my body and to my child. I wash my hands often and for a long time. Like I will wash my hands for like 5 mintues sometimes if I don't feel like they are clean enough. I think that I have herpes on my hands and around my wrist area after I go to the bathroom because unlike guys, I have to put my hands down there to wipe. So I scrub them for a couple minutes until I FEEL they are clean enough for me to touch my son. I know it sounds like crazy talk, but if it makes me feel better, then why not do it?

Also, in the shower, and I'm not trying to give anyone any ideas, but I will wash my hands/arms after I touch the washcloth that I used to wash my privates with. Even though I use soap and warm water and as I have been told the virus is killed quickly with soap and water, I can't convince myself that it's ok not to wash my hands.

Anyone else do that?