World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Lookonthesunnyside

Herpes books?

Lookonthesunnyside

I've seen people mention a few positive books before on the subject, so I'm wondering if people would be willing to share any that they found helpful?

One doctor recommended "the truth about herpes" by stephen sacks, but I havent read it.

I'm starting to feel kinda pessimistic again so I'm looking for something to help me put things in perspective!

Thanks ;)

dumplinsmom

Great Book!

Hello

When I first contracted HSV2 I found a book that really helped to answer a lot of my questions and helped me get over the initial shock period. The book is Managing Herpes, How to Live and Love with a Chronic STD. It's written by Charles Ebel & Anna Wald. Anna Wald is a Medical Director of a Virology Reasearch Clinic at a university. She is also one of the world's foremost researchers on herpes simplex virus (reading from the back of the book, LOL).

I found other information on HSV but this book was what really helped me to clearly understand and and begin to cope. I think I would probably still be searching the Internet if I hadn't read it.

Hope this book helps you as much as it helped me!

Good Luck

angellady

I just read The Good News About the Bad News. I kept seeing that title everywhere.

It wasn't as informative as I thought it was going to be. It was good to read, but a lot of information in there I already knew from these forums. Again, it was good to read, but I'm looking for something even more informative. Like, more statistics about transmission, and more talk about dating and whatnot.

GntiNh

I been talking about putting a book together with several other members.

I know it will be a slow process, but there is obviously the need there.

I'll keep you posted.

I know its hard not to be pessimistic, it's a struggle to even have one positive thought somedays.

If you want to chat give me a pm

Itstings

theres a really good one called, "herpes spiderman" its in the form of a comic, wierd eh?but it helps alot.

PicadillyPeaCoat
Dr. Adina Nack's Damaged goods

I just ordered this and I'm hoping it comes today. I read the Good News The Bad News. It was pretty informative.