World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
FloridaGuy22

Everything is coming back negative, but the signs and symptoms are there

FloridaGuy22

Hello there,

I could really use any advice or information about my particualr case. Basically, back in April, about 4 months ago I noticed some small bumps on the tip of my penis. I immedietly went to my Dr and got tested for every STD in the book..... everything came back negative excpet HSV1 wherob e he said that I should be having oral blisters but I never have in my life. That orginal bump stayed with me for about 2 months, and then another two appreared, one big one on the underneath part of my penis head and one smaller one on the shaft.

After this second occurence, I began to think the blood tests were wrong and what is this? So I went back to a different Dr, my dermotologist and she did a biopsy on the small one on my shaft. 2 weeks later, it came back negative and maybe as an allergic reaction. I also went to my primary care Dr about 3 weeks ago cause after those 2 sores healed up, I got a massive "outbreak" as I would like to say that was oozing and raised ulcers almost. Once this came, I went back to the Dr and he did a culture, which guess what, came back negative.

So after a blood test, culture, and biopsy, I am told negative yet I am dealing with something down there that is ruining my life. I just got sent to an allergist today, to see if he could do anything, and by looking at it he thinks it was herpes, but is going to do an allergy test anyway.

The only hope that I have of not having herpes is that all those tests are negative and my sores seem to last months in one spot, where as a lot of my readings say that max last week or so.....

Has anyone experinced this or can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your time to read this and GOD bless

jericho

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but herpes sores do not last for 2 months.

The problem with cultures is they have to be done right away to pick up live virus.

As for oral HSV-1, lots of people who have it will not be able to recall ever seeing a cold sore. You may have gotten it as a small child.

If you haven't done so already, go to MedHelp and ask the docs in the STD forum what they think is going on. EWH and HHH are STD experts.

redyellowpurpleblue

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but herpes sores do not last for 2 months.

The problem with cultures is they have to be done right away to pick up live virus.

As for oral HSV-1, lots of people who have it will not be able to recall ever seeing a cold sore. You may have gotten it as a small child.

If you haven't done so already, go to MedHelp and ask the docs in the STD forum what they think is going on. EWH and HHH are STD experts.

its possible for an outbreak to last 2 months though isn't it? i can't remember a particular sore being there for 2 months but on the whole its been an outbreak for more than 2 months. just about starting to clear now.

jericho
its possible for an outbreak to last 2 months though isn't it? i can't remember a particular sore being there for 2 months but on the whole its been an outbreak for more than 2 months. just about starting to clear now.

I don't think a herpes OB can last that long. But maybe ntdc or others can weigh in on this? Perhaps an OB that long is possible for someone immunocompromised?

For the OP, we don't have a precise description and timeline, so it's possible that some of what he described was a herpes OB, but the 2 month 'bump' is not herpes.