World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SOHONEST

Is it possible???

SOHONEST

Hello!!!! If anyone can provide insight or an answer please do.I have been diagnosed with HSV2 since last August(yr anniversary) and I sm still confused.The reason I am confused is because I think I had it for awhile because I use to get itching in my anus area and could feel something similar to a papaer cut. My first actual breakout is what caused me to run to the clinic and get checked.I did'nt have the sores yet the 1st time i went just my vagina area felt out of the norm. They then tested me for everything and told me to come back if I didnt feel any better.I returned three days later and told the nurse I noticed sores on my vagina.She told me it was herpes and did a scraping of the lesion(omg that hurt like hell).Anyway 2wks later i came back positive for herpes.I do not get ob on my vagina just my anal area and my symptoms are always just itching.I just basically wanted to know if it was possible that I had it all along because i've read that your first initial outbreak is the worst and it means you were recently exposed.How is this possible?And why did I get an outbreak on my vagina when my (i believe) my outbreaks are always in my anus and not my vagina.I have'nt had an outbreak on my vagina since I got tested.Please if someone can answer this for me I will be greatful.I t really wrecking my brain.Thanks.

Shayna

The virus can lay dormant for years until something wakes it up. I believe I may have never experienced an outbreak if not for the series of events that took place for me.

I had broken up with the person who infected me at least 10 months before my first outbreak...It was then that I had to take super powerful antibiotics (to get rid of a nail infection I got from a manicure). So, I was on this antibiotic for weeks and weeks and then I was in the tropical sun for two weeks and that is what finally triggered an outbreak for me.

It is a possibility that you had it for some time and something chnaged in your life/body to cause an outbreak. Primary outbreaks tend to be the worst...it doesn't mean they are for everybody though.

As far as your itchiness around your anus, has a doctor cheked you for hemorrhoids?

dumplinsmom

Anus itchiness

The itchiness around the anus could also be Herpes. I have outbreaks in the vaginal area and the anus area. Initially, I had some blisters but now I just get the itching occassionally in the anal area. From what I've read, the virus can pop up anywhere along that nerve lining. So, you could have an outbreak anywhere in that general area.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Shayna

Typically an outbreak isn't continual. That is why I suggested the possibility of hemerrhoids.

SOHONEST

Thanks for the replies you two!:) Shayna I have been looked at for hemmroids and they told me I don't have them.I just assume it is an ob.I get it mainly when it is time for my cycle and while I'm on it.I know basically I am just really trying to figure out when and who I contracted it from.I know it really does'nt matter and I have accepted I have it,but it really bothers me.