World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
GladToBeAlive

Valtrex makers are assholes.

GladToBeAlive

If any of you use Valtrex you'll understand. I was hoping the pills would be white, with some number on it so it could blend in with other meds...NO. THEY ARE FUCKING BLUE AND HAVE WHITE "VALTREX" WRITTEN ON THEM!! WHAT THE FUCK! So now I have to hide them in a safe, with the key to the safe hidden too!! Assholes.

talesofagirl

Hang in there. The generic will be out soon, and then they won't even be able to put the brand name on it.

Now18

Not only that, but the Valtrex commercial I think misinformed a lot of people. One of my friends was telling me that it sucks that I have herpes because I have to take Valtrex everyday.

I told her that I don't have to take it, and that my parents offered to pay for it because of how upset I was over herpes, but that I probably will be off of suppressive therapy after a year.

She said "Yeah but you're not a responsible person if you don't take Valtrex. It's the only way not to spread it to someone else."

I think if I do get in another relationship, I probably will stay on suppressive therapy but it's really just the icing on the cake for prevention. People literally believe that Valtrex is the only way not to spread herpes... I think some people believe that that is the drug's sole purpose.

highonlife

hahah i know what you mean! once my friend was digging through my purse and says "i have i headache is this asprin?" i was driving and almost went off the road to keep her from looking at the pills haha, it would be much easier if they were disguised alittle better!