Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  

outbreak, on my period, and UTI??

Recommended Posts


This is my first outbreak that I've had in a year, and I'm pretty bummed about it. I don't have any blisters; just the burning sensation in my inner thighs and a sore clitoris and labia.

Also, I noticed that this morning I am having trouble urinating!

Is this a symptom of an outbreak, or am I also having a UTI?

Keep in mind, doctors thought my first outbreak was some heinous UTI that wouldn't go away. I didn't really have blisters in my first outbreak, either.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

it could be both I suppose.. that sucks so bad... i'm sorry..

I went to the doc thinking I had a UTI.. along with was fever, back pain (sever) and couldn't really pee...one small blister on the inner labia..

turns out all the pain was from H...

I understand that your first OB is the hardest.. I didn't have the burning sensation with any other OB..

are you in the US... at walmart.. in the like (depends / feminie area) there are the urine strips that will home test for a UTI.. try that and see before going in and just call in for the H medication if you want..

i'm pretty sure those are cheap and it's the same test strip that the nurse will dip into your urine..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to know which it is..obviously. :)

When I was diagnosed-the only reason I went to the Doctor was because I felt like I had been cut down there in one spot and it burned when I pee'd. I also had bad pains in back. Everyone tried to reassure me that it was just a UTI. So, it was but I also had herpes! And, on top of it I started my period the very next day. So, it's tough with what you're going through!

Have you only had the one outbreak? If the Doctor's thought it was something other than herpes maybe you should be checked for herpes if you haven't.

Honestly, either way, you should go to the doctor cause if you have a UTI you need to get meds. Those are painful. With you not having any type of an outbreak it sounds like UTI. I've had an outbreak every month since I was diagnosed 4 months ago. I've learned what my body does before an outbreak comes for me.

I hate hearing "go to the doctor" but you should either way for meds. Hopefully, it's just a UTI for your sake. :) Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Posts

    • Herpeguy562
      Give it a try and report back to us. It's pretty safe vaccine approved by the FDA.
    • Skye249
      Have you tried changing your GP surgery? A decent doctor must surely realise that having back to back outbreaks warrants long term suppressive medication.  Aciclovir is available at very low cost to the NHS. I'd be firm with your doctor in what you'd like to do and make it clear you are educated on the relevant issues.  Don't be ashamed to talk to your GP. It is confidential.  FYI - walk in sexual health clinics (separate health record) are only as allowed to dispense a limited amount on the basis of episodic treatments. 
    • WilsoInAus
      I agree, herpes doesn’t show up as discrete little dots like your pic.
    • HereAndNowLater
      @Kurdt01Thank you! Very validating! And yes many doctors are so uninformed and misinformed it's incredibly frustrating.  ur right in multiple forums I've seen commenters invalidate someone's experience with herpes which is so weird. There's a wealth of experiences similar to both of ours but people put their hands to their ears and drill home "herpes is just a minor rash outbreak, nothing more."
    • friendlyboy
      I got the zinc acetate from an pharmacy in my town, they can't sell reagents but I know the pharmacist. I cost me about 10 € a 50 gr bottle, enough for a decade at the current rate of consumtion. Otherwise it is quite easy to get, you can buy it from a laboratory or even in ebay. I apply the treatment on my glans about 2-3 times a week, I've never had any problem or adverse effect so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.