World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
thanksforyourhelp

Viruxo - Antiviral for Herpes

thanksforyourhelp

Hello everyone,

I was reading about Viruxo and it seems to be very interesting, but I am not sure if it's actually working. Has anyone tried this Viruxo before? Thanks for the infor.

ntdc

I don't take it but the ingredients don't look like much more than a multivitamin with lysine. It's very overpriced for its contents.

Very upset
I don't take it but the ingredients don't look like much more than a multivitamin with lysine. It's very overpriced for its contents.

Seems to be alot of there going around. Same like Herpaflor. Find out whats in it and buy them all much cheaper by buying vitamins.

aimant

i have never seen this product but the webpage is very promising will soon order one to check.

if anyone has used please let us know.

jim10

I ordered the free trial 3 months age and have found this product amazing. I have been free of outbreaks since I started taking this product. I was very hopefull to find something that works and this product is working l for me. I liked the idea of a free trial!

i am 100% satisfied and will continue to use it..

angelounge

I was on Valtrex daily for a month and started having serious side-effects including fever, disorientation, and serious abdominal pain to the point where my doctor thought I had appendicitis. My older sister also has HSV-2 and she recommended Viruxo to me. She has been married for 7 years and has been taking the Viruxo for 2 years and her husband never contracted HSV-2. I started taking it 6 months ago and I only start to feel like I'm gonna have an outbreak if I skip a day or two.

The main ingredient in Viruxo is a Lysine Complex. Lysine is an amino acid that helps keep the Herpes virus from replicating and becoming active. Arganine (another amino acid) can cause the Herpes to flare up, so you also need to make sure to stay away from foods that have a lot of Arganine like nuts and seeds. You can find a lot of info online about Lysine vs. Arganine in foods and for treatment of HSV.

As far as the cost, if you get it delivered to your house every month, its actually a lot cheaper than Valtrex and there are no side-effects. Its $30 for a one-month supply vs. $70 for the Valtrex (with my insurance anyway). And the last time I got Valtrex, they only gave me a 10 day supply for $70. So, Viruxo is definitely worth a try at least.

I still keep some Valtrex in the medicine cabinet just in case because it is still the best way to oust an outbreak, but for suppression, the natural method is working pretty well.

If anyone else has tried Viruxo and had success or not, please post it here. I would love to hear more about it. Its working for me so far, but it has only been 6 months, so I'd be very interested in others' experiences. Like, do we know if it works as well as Valtrex at making transmission less probable?