World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
marmalade

Was recently diagnosed--need help

marmalade

3 weeks ago I had oral sex with someone. a week and a half later

I was at dr's office because of painful blisters all over my privates. He did ran a test and I now have it confirmed that I have type 2. When I called the guy I had been with he denied it could have been from him. I don't know if I believe him since my last sexual partner was 4 years ago. Would it be possible for me to go 4 years without any symptoms and then have amajor outbreak? I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, whih have comprmised my immune system

I have gone through a treatment of valtrex and while I'm mostly healing, I do have one new sore. Do I need to repeat the treatment? I'm going to make another dr's appointment to discuss long tem treatment.

jericho
3 weeks ago I had oral sex with someone. a week and a half later

I was at dr's office because of painful blisters all over my privates. He did ran a test and I now have it confirmed that I have type 2. When I called the guy I had been with he denied it could have been from him. I don't know if I believe him since my last sexual partner was 4 years ago. Would it be possible for me to go 4 years without any symptoms and then have amajor outbreak? I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, whih have comprmised my immune system

If you only received oral sex, the odds of being infected with HSV-2 are very low. Partly b/c oral HSV-2 is rare, and partly b/c oral HSV-2 is not as contagious as oral HSV-1.

Yes, it's possible you contracted it years ago, and maybe only had very mild symptoms - remember, 80% of those with genital herpes don't realize they have it b/c the symptoms can be very mild and mistaken for other things. And it could be you are having a major OB now b/c your immune system is compromised.