World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
shadowblue

All Over Body Rash? Is This H-Related?

shadowblue

I've had a mild rash all over my body for a week now -- not an outbreak, except for a couple sores on my lip (they aren't even that bad). I have little bumps all over my body, they are a bit red, and itch mildly, but not too much. I've never had anything like this and am wondering if it's related to herpes. I have had no changes to make me think it's an allergy, no new foods, clothes, soaps, etc etc. I haven't had an outbreak since my initial one in April of this year, which was MISERABLE and lasted about 6 weeks (genital, oral and ocular). Can anyone explain this mild rash?

lizabeth

sounds like it should be shingles... It's in the H family and it'll break out the skin...

check into that a bit.. it's the same medication to treat H with...

shadowblue

Thanks lizabeth, I'll check into it. I thought of that, but figured it wasn't shingles because it barely itches. At first I thought it was a heat rash, but it isn't red enough, and is all over my body, legs, arms, torso... and it's lasted an entire week now. Weird. I'm just thankful it isn't an outbreak, I dread that.

shadowblue

Well, I've researched shingles and it doesn't seem like what I have is that at all. I can't really find anything that matches what I have. I just have little bumps, not very red, not erupting at all, just little bumps that itch mildly, almost like tiny spider bites, except ALL OVER my body. I worry that I'm a big herpes carrier, that anyone that comes near me might be exposed... gross.

ntdc

Dunno how long you've had it , I got hives constantly for the first few months , doctor said it was typical went away after a while. If it looks like allergic hives (google it) then just take some OTC antihistamine like benadryl or chlor-trimentine.

You should obviously see a doctor if you are really concerned.

LivingLife77

Hives

I have been getting hives on my upper chest..they come and go depending on heat...like in sun..get some...get sweaty..get some...then they disappear within 3 days..who fricken knows...I've learned most stuff is H related now a days...just gotta learn to deal.