World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kel0329

Why does my back hurt?

kel0329

I have had herpes since April 2009 and have had an outbreak every month since then during my period. May-Aug I've known I was going to breakout cause of my back hurting.

It's my lower back and it's AWFUL. I go days where I can barely walk very long. Today, my lower back and butt burn! It feels like I laid out for hours in the sun! Just a tingly burning sensation.

What is the deal with the herpes and back thing? Why does my lower back always hurt a couple days before and during the outbreak?

Any answers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kelly

Shayna

The virus resides at the base of your spine. When newly infected it takes a while for the virus to retreat and become inactive. You will also build antibodies which help your body fight the virus and your ob's should become less severe in time.

My tailbone hurt so bad I would sit on a pillow for comfort. It took a few months for that to stop hurting. Now it doesn't other me anymore.

I hope you feel better soon!

kel0329

It's hurt every month since I've gotten it. So, the past 5 months! So, that does fade?

I have been using the heat patches for muscle aches. It soothes it a little but medicines (tylenol, advil, aleve etc) doesn't touch it! A lortab didn't touch it!

It's miserable. But, it's nice to know it will eventually stop. I was told that my body is still "fresh" with the herpes and it'll sort of get use to it and calm down.