World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
livinglife1

this is my crazy story...

livinglife1

I was diagnosed 2004 and was told it wasn't the bad kind. silly me for believing that. Rewind to 2006 met a guy never told him about my conditon we dated a yr and a half while having sex with no protection. Recently he came back into my life and wants to get back together I told him about it this time. He says he been tested and he doesn" t have it. he says we can work it out and he won't judge me . But this is what I dnt understand i met a guy in april we had sex with protection 3wks later he is infected. How can the first guy not get it but I gave to the second guy ? when i was first diagnosed i had it on my tongue never got it on my gentials so im confused what type is this? Since the first episode in 2004 I dnt believe i had another outbreak but can't be sure bcuz i always have a nasty taste in my mouth, and it feels weird but never hurts.

lizabeth

it's crazy how this virus spreads and sheds... was the first guy specifically tested for herpes? b/c it's not included it standard STD screenings..

if he's willing to date you again is that what you're looking for?

Was23

As with every other disease, some people are just more susceptible than others. And then there is also just plain luck: just 'cause the odds of getting it at any one time are low, doesn't mean you can't get it the very first time.

You don't know what is the situation is in this case (bf1 vs bf2), but it really doesn't matter.

JBnATL

Well it sounds like you have HSV1 orally. And just because you have it does not automatically mean all your sexual partners will get it as well. So the first guy could have had sex with you and never got it.

Did you have unprotected oral sex with the second guy? That would explain how he got it.

There is not an exact science that can tell you when you are transmitting and when you are not.

Good luck!

JB