World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SoftSpokenSoul

Moving right along

SoftSpokenSoul

I think I am learning to live with this just a little to easily. I mean I'm not angry or mad anymore, only took about two weeks to get over the fact I have a life-long friend called HSV2. I don't feel sorry for myself, I've actually forgiven myself for messing up and not using protection 100% of the time. Still not sure which past partner infected me, but he's forgiven also. I informed these men not knowing how they were going to respond, not one acted ugly like I tought they would, actually thanked me for telling them. I guess I'm wondering if this is going to smoothly and the bottom has yet to fall out? Is this normal for things to be so smooth?

My special friend is still that. He tested negative the first go round so we'll see in 6 if he still is. It hasn't changed things between us and we are still intimate, protected of course now, but it feels really great to have him hang in there with me. I thought for sure I would end up alone and broken inside, but I feel great. Only thing is I know that my friend and I won't end up married and living happily ever after. We do date other people and we both have learned from this situation.

So somebody tell me am I living in a dream world that will someday fade away to a harder, colder reality or is it possible this is my reality? Life at this point is good and I can't foresee it getting any worse. I know there will come a day that I have to tell a new partner, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I feel really good about life right now and I'm loving it.

WarriorKing

You have put this little virus in perspective. Life is good as it always has been. Do be cautious though. If dating other people means being intimate with other people you are playing with fire a little bit.

SoftSpokenSoul

Keeping my head lifted up

Only being intimate with the one friend who knows. I like dating but I know now that I have to reveal whats going on if I'm going to change partners. I can't and won't knowingly expose anyone else to HSV. I to this date still have not had any outbreaks, but I know I can still pass it on.

I wake each morning and smile because I still have so much good going on in my life. Other than this virus I am in great health and I thank God for that. I hope others can and do see the bright side of life and live accordingly.

Stop and smell a flower today!!!

Butterfly of the Moment

Hi there, I've just now gotten to where you are now...it took me 3 months...you are right where you should be we are not all the same and i'm glad you didn't suffer for as long as some of us...it really is all about perspective...if you can't change the situation change your attitude...otherwise we are lost and stuck in the rut...there is no reason any of us cannot be happy...it is hard as hell sometimes but all of us can make it...good for you.

WarriorKing

I wake each morning and smile because I still have so much good going on in my life.

I love hearing this.