World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Kolie

Scared and confused

Kolie

I'm 17 years old, and leaving for college in less than a week.

I just broke up with my boyfriend because I was leaving soon.

I'd been having some "ingrown hair issues" and had my mom take a look to see if she thought swimming would irritate them.

She immediately said it looked like Herpes to her. We rushed to the Urgent Care and the doctor there said she couldn't tell for sure if it was Herpes, because the sores were very widespread, but I haven't had ANY other symptoms (fatigue,nausea...etc). She said that the sores were also generalized to the outside of the pubic area, instead of in the mucus membranes. I'll have to wait until next Monday at the latest to know for sure...

I've already asked my (ex)boyfriend if either of his two "ingrown" hairs had gotten any worse and he said that they had both cleared up.

He's worried as am I. I was tested right before him and I started sleeping together and he had been tested before sleeping with his girlfriend before me (who was supposedly a virgin and has only EVER slept with him)

We agreed that we would try our best to harbor no hard feelings.

I've prepared myself for the worst, but I'm obviously hoping for the best.

Any advice on how to deal if the results come back positive?

I'm feelings like the rest of my life will be ruined. I'm about to move 10 hours away from all of my family and start college on my own. I have enough stress in my life without this!!

Looney

Hello kolie welcome :)

I donk know wether it may just be ingrown hairs or an outbreak,I say wait tyll the test come along and if your not trusting the result get a specific hsv type blood test to make sure which type you have if the test come positive.

Just be calm,It the best you can do in this situation and try to enjoy settleling college in the mean time you wait for the results..I know thats not going to be easy but try your best,Its not your fault,most people that carry the virus dont know themselves.

Good luck

TinyCHILD

I'm 17 years old, and leaving for college in less than a week.

I just broke up with my boyfriend because I was leaving soon.

I'd been having some "ingrown hair issues" and had my mom take a look to see if she thought swimming would irritate them.

She immediately said it looked like Herpes to her. We rushed to the Urgent Care and the doctor there said she couldn't tell for sure if it was Herpes, because the sores were very widespread, but I haven't had ANY other symptoms (fatigue,nausea...etc). She said that the sores were also generalized to the outside of the pubic area, instead of in the mucus membranes. I'll have to wait until next Monday at the latest to know for sure...

I've already asked my (ex)boyfriend if either of his two "ingrown" hairs had gotten any worse and he said that they had both cleared up.

He's worried as am I. I was tested right before him and I started sleeping together and he had been tested before sleeping with his girlfriend before me (who was supposedly a virgin and has only EVER slept with him)

We agreed that we would try our best to harbor no hard feelings.

I've prepared myself for the worst, but I'm obviously hoping for the best.

Any advice on how to deal if the results come back positive?

I'm feelings like the rest of my life will be ruined. I'm about to move 10 hours away from all of my family and start college on my own. I have enough stress in my life without this!!

HI,

If i were you i wouldn't worry about it for now, just keep your mind set with school. school is the most important thing! going to school and worring about a silly virus.... the only thing that the virus could affect in your life is SCHOOL. there are 100s of people getting the virus and yet they still will move on to better things cuz life don't stop and you shouldn't either. your still healthy in some words..

TC

Kolie

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

I just want to know!!