World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kel0329

Medication for hsv-2?

kel0329

I have had hsv-2 since April 2009 and have only taken medication once and that was for my first break out. It was Valtrex 5 day.

I have an OB during every period and it's driving me nuts! Is there any prescriptions I can take that will stop that? I know I'll still have them but every month? C'mon!

Thanks! :)

JBnATL

Try suppressive medications

Ask your doctor to prescribe either Valtrex or Acycloir so that you can take it daily (acyclovir can be found at Walmart for $4 for a 90 day prescription). Also, look at the tab on the right that says "What is Lysine". Lysine has shown to help prevent outbreaks.

When I am dating someone I take 400mg of acyclovir and 1000mg of Lysine.

Good luck!

JB

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • valleynovascotia
      Any advice on on how i can change the way she thinks of her insecurities in the event I ever see her again or hang out with her or do you guys think that it's better too just walk away. The truth is though i never met another girl like her before and she was fine with me having herpes i could tell by the she reacted too it . How do you change the way someone views them self that has low self esteem. 
    • WilsoInAus
      Note @Asr624 that an IgM result does not confirm a herpes diagnosis. Was the rash swabbed as well?
    • LiveLife100
      Yes it's entirely possible that he didn't know and just now gave it to you. I've been with my husband almost 19 years and he was recently tested and is still negative. It's still possible of course that I could give it to him at any point. Sounds like you have a strong marriage and there is no reason this needs to be an issue other than a minor annoyance. I have 2 healthy children and have had no related medical issues due to HSV.
    • Hellothere123
      I have been with him and didn’t tell him and now I can’t tell him because I know it would ruin any chance of reconciliation. I don’t want to live with this and I don’t want to live without him 
    • Asr624
      I am so sorry that happened to you. No one deserves that. Praying for you. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.