World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
ReadytoDeal

Just found out Yesterday

ReadytoDeal

Well I just found out yesterday i have H, and had a coupld questions, I had a girl friend for a year before and was wondering if I could have had the Virus in a Dormate state and not have passed it on to her (If thats even possible, I dont know)? If you have it, and its in a dormate state is it a guarantee that anyone you have had unprotected sex will 100% get it?

Thanks

Plupha

No, it's definitely not guaranteed that someone will get it if it's dormant. But if you believe you had it in a dormant state, it would be appropriate to let them know they should get tested for HSV specifically.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis :(

lizabeth

yeah I agree with P... if you think you had it then and exposed her you might wanna tell her that you just found out that you have herpes and she might wanna go get tested... be specific and request a herpes test b/c it's not in standard STD screenings...

I'm curious to know what make you go in and get tested.. did you have a recent OB?

ReadytoDeal

Yeah thanks for the Responses.. I had an outbreak and went and got tested.. had no idea I was carrying..

blknscott09

confused

i have a question im going to go get tested and wanted to know if someone has herpes type 2 how long does it take or the first outbreak to happen???

FLSingleFemale

According to the info you can see symptoms from 2-20 days after exposure, however not everyone has noticeable or recognizable symptoms or outbreaks.