World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
searching4happiness

Feeling good again

searching4happiness

let me share my journey so far...When I realized I had herpes I felt horrible. I cried for days. I felt like my life was over and that an irrational fear I have always had, that I would forever be alone, was most definitely coming true. I told my close friends, the person who infected me (but claims he didn't know he had it), and my mom. They were all really supportive. They all told me not to let this define my life. After a few months went by my best friend told me I should seek counseling to help me cope with this. Well, my insurance doesn't cover much in the way of mental health professionals so I looked for a support group. Then I felt like no one else in Utah but me and the person I got it from must have it because I couldn't find a support group here. I tried the std dating sites for about 1 day and realized that wasn't what I needed. And then I found this forum.

I've cried for the newly diagnosed, as I have been there, I know those feelings. But I have also cried with joy after reading the stories of the people who went on with their lives and still had happiness and even found new relationships. :D But what I really found here was the support and understanding I needed to love myself again, to know that having GH does not define me. I am so grateful to feel like myself again. I don't feel like a walking piece of nasty garbage, I feel like the independent, happy woman I have always been. I am ready to start dating again, and I didn't think that would ever happen. Sure, it would be easier to find someone who also has H and understands it. But I will never limit my possibilities. Sure, I may have shyed away from someone with H before I had it, and I understand people who do. Overall I am just so grateful for the people here who have shared their stories, who have answered questions, and who have provided support.

I am successful because I have released the demons that were holding me back and I have started living my life as I did before I got H. If you are struggling I hope you find comfort!

lizabeth

You're story gave me chills!

I'm so so greatful that your found this site to help.. it has really helped me too. I love talking with new people and listening to what they're going through.. I love it b/c someone did it for me and I want to give back.. It's the best thing feeling that you're not alone!

Thank you for sharing it's awesome to hear that you're doing so well now..

join the live chat sometime.. we're on there often..

lifesstillgood

So glad to hear you are doing well. Like sure does throw us a lot things that are not always easy to handle but in the case of herpes life certainly can and does go on. Keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

smithconfused

So encouraging

That was very encouraging and thanks. I just been newly diagnosed do I am still in the shock, denial, hurt, depressed and sad stage of things. All the stories I keep reading are depressing. I just need to see the light at the end of my tunnel. So thanks.We need to read some more success stories.

gotitsowhat

A herpes diagnosis is life changing but

not life wrecking, as you have proved with your terrific attitude. I know a lot of us hsv infected people have managed to come out into the sunshine from the shadows of our fears. Inspiring and beautifully stated. Thanks for letting us know your story.

clover

Thanks for the encouraging post searching4happiness! :-D

I like reading others stories too. I am very thankful for this site as well. I would be in a much different place without it.