World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
NikkiRose

Stunned

NikkiRose

I am so glad that I found a place where people can understand what I'm going through. I got HS2 several years ago. I have told the 2 men that I've had relationships with & they were compassionate & understanding. It didn't bother them. We worked around it & both ended for other reasons. I recently met someone that I really liked & I thought he liked me. We went out three times, and on the fourth date I invited him over for dinner. First of all, he arrived with a suitcase (which is bizarre in itself)...thinking he would be staying for the next few days. I wasn't ready for that, but I thought it might be a good time to mention my situation. For a guy that had sent me flowers, wrote me poetry & told me that I was so beautiful......you should have seen him fly out of here. It got so weird between us, and I was glad when he left because it was so awkward. Before he left he made the comment that he would need a Hazmet (sp?) suit to come near me. He left & never called again. I'm humiliated, embarrassed & sad. I realize now how lucky I was with the last two men.....I just never expected a reaction like this. I'm trying to get over it, but this experience has damaged my self esteem & now I'm terrified to tell someone new. At the same time I'm at a point in my life where my son is in college & the time is right for a relationship. That's what happened......anyone ever have someone react like that? Thanks in advance for any insights you may have.

Lookonthesunnyside

screw 'em

Before he left he made the comment that he would need a Hazmet (sp?) suit to come near me. He left & never called again. I'm humiliated, embarrassed & sad. I realize now how lucky I was with the last two men.....I just never expected a reaction like this.

Okay...wow. That is just so extremely offensive. That is NOT a normal reaction. I'm not thinking that you were "lucky" with the others, I'm thinking you were extremely unlucky with this guy. The others obviously saw something in you that was totally worth it. Whereas this guy seems like he had some other agenda, and herpes wasnt a part of whatever situation he had planned. Lets be real though, what kind of a guy thinks its appropriate to arrive at your house with a packed suitcase and assume he can stay over for days without an invitation? That is so socially retarded, I dont even get it. Sounds like he thought that if he could woo you with all the cliche romantic stuff that he could come over for a three day romp right after.

I know you're extremely hurt by him turning you down for this, but before you think about how he rejected you for this, ask yourself if thats really the kind of guy you want? He sounds like a weirdo to me, and maybe if he had accepted and stayed those few days you would have seen that you really didnt want him either?

Please dont let this guy ruin your confidence. Its been proven in the past that you are capable of having normal, accepting and respectful relationships. Try not to take this super personally (I know its hard), because I honestly think this guy would have reacted that way to anyone. And his behavior is inexcusable.

Brush it off girl! You have and can and WILL do way better than that!

Now18

Before he left he made the comment that he would need a Hazmet (sp?) suit to come near me.

If that's his attitude then he's going to need a hazmat suit pretty much wherever he goes.

Ridiculous reaction. Worst end of the spectrum for possible reactions. I'm sorry. He had no right to make you feel disgusting on top of rejecting you. To say he lacks social poise is an understatement. Plus the suitcase is really presumptuous. I'm patently suspicious of guys that seem to fall too quickly or overdo it with flowers and romantic gestures. I assume they're either needy or players. Regardless, it's usually always about them. Love takes time.

You might get more rejections, but you will get acceptances (just like you have in the past) if you keep trying. Just like dating the way everyone else does except with an extra obstacle. Some people have way harder obstacles to overcome, and they still are able to. Good luck and feel better.

JBnATL

focus on the positive

You have had 2 good experiences in giving the 'talk' and one bad. Focus on the 2 good ones. I think you will find in the future you will see more guys willing to accept it.

This suit case nut job is not the norm.

Good luck!

JB

gotitsowhat

This man sounds like an idiot

His ignorance is profound. His reaction unkind and hurtful. There is never any need to insult someone just because you might not want to have sex with him or her.

Look at it this way; Two out of three is an excellent ratio. Don't let a jerk like this bozo (a suitcase???!) bring you down. The odds are that you will have better luck next time. You can tell yourself that you have already lived out every herpes person's worst fear, that the person they tell will not only reject them but will be unpleasant about it. So if you have already experienced our worst fear, everything else that happens will seem better by comparison. Very few men are as ignorant or will sink as low as this idiot.

Rusty Shackleford
NikkiRose; anyone ever have someone react like that?

I talked to this guy who was seeing one of my ex-gfs(the one who gave it to me) and he SAYS when she told him he went strait into the bathroom and scrubbed the hell out of his toilet because she had used it earlier in the night...... right in front of her.

It was really hard for me to pretend to be amused by that story.