World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
YoungLove

Have coldsores and now a single red bump...

YoungLove

Hey there...

For the last week or so I have been getting more and more anxious about this mysterious little bump on my outer labia...

I have gotten cold sores for many years (so thats likely HSV1, right?) but have never had any genital symptoms... I am in a relationship with a man I love to death and who treats me like a queen, but we are not sexually active as it's kind of a long distance situation. I'm not sleeping with anyone else, and have only had sex with one guy over a year ago and it is very unlikely I could have gotten herpes from him...

A little over a week ago, we were on the phone and things got pretty uh... heated. I had a coldsore at the time, and the next morning there was this obnoxious tiny bump down there. What are the chances that I could have spread oral HSV1 to my own genitals?

Im not experiencing all of the typical herpes primary OB symptoms... I haven't been feeling terribly flu-like, and it isn't hurting me to pee... But I only have one bump and it is out of the way of urine.

Over the course of about a week the bump grew from being so small I could barely see it, to a dark red and very very swollen. It hasn't been particularly itchy or sore. This morning I woke up and checked on it immediately, and as I spread myself open to check on it... It oozed white pus like a zit. When I wiped it off with a tissue, there was also blood.

Sorry if this is graphic, but I feel like the more information I can give, the more helpful the responses will be.

I have a lot of questions...

This website has been totally helpful in calming me down, cause I was seriously freaked out, and I'm not even sure if I have herpes.

My relationship with my family is strained to say the least, and I don't know how to ask them to be taken to a doctor to get this checked out. I'm almost 17, no drivers' license. I don't know what to do, or how to get looked at by a professional because of my family. Anyone have suggestions of how to get around this without my family getting involved in my business?

And of course, I'm also really concerned about how to approach my boyfriend about this. Honestly I'm hoping he might be an asymptomatic carrier, and already has it but will never show symptoms... I know he won't leave me because of this, I know he won't love me any less... But I kind of prodded him the other day asking sideways questions in a joking way to figure out how he feels about the virus... The word "gross" came up a lot... Which hurts me pretty bad if I have it. Until I figure out if this is really what I have (maybe it was just a blister from rubbing too hard... but i've never seen a blister that oozed white puss when it broke), it would be really helpful if any of you know of other conditions that may have caused this. Primary outbreaks are supposed to be the worst... And I could easily have overlooked this OB, if thats what it was... Just one painless bump.

So if there's a chance that this could have been something less serious please please let me know. It would take a lot off my mind, but I will still get a blood test ASAP. I don't know if that will be helpful though, I already know I will be positive for herpes because of my coldsores. I guess really the only closure I will have is if I break out again and get a sore swabbed. =/

I think I'm going to discuss the possibility that I might have it with my boyfriend soon. If I do have it, we can be one step ahead in having come to terms with it then, and if I don't have it, then we can both be relieved. Does this seem like a good thing to do?

While we were "joking" around and I was asking him about it like... "Would you still love me if I had herpes?" and "Would you still want to have sex with me?" and things like that trying to test him out a bit, it became pretty clear that he's like the majority of people, and totally affected by the social stigma that surrounds the virus. Thinks it's totally nasty, and would completely warp his sex life to almost unecessary extremes to avoid contracting it, like it makes you a leper... When really, while I wouldn't want to give it to him, it seems like more of a nuissance... Just like coldsores.

I told him, while we were laughing about the ridiculous -hypothetical- scenario, "You know, herpes isn't actually that bad... It just has a bit of an 'ick' factor to it..."

And he says, "Yeah it IS gross."

After this reaction I told him that I guess any blowjobs I give him are going to be through a condom -- cold sore present or no. He didn't like that idea. So I think he might get over his squeamishness for the sake of pleasure when we are (finally) together sexually... And of course I don't mean having unprotected sex while I'm having an outbreak or anything... I just mean he might be able to get over the fact that I'm not totally clean and still be able to enjoy sex.

If it turns out I do have this virus, I think I'm going to make him read this website, as it totally educates, reassures, and removes that stupid stigma that makes this seem like a life-ending disease.

Anyways, I'm sorry this is so long, but not only did I have a few questions but I needed to get ALL these thoughts off my chest. I know I'm reading pretty far into this situation considering I don't even know for SURE if I have it... But I'm 90% convinced that this is my situation. I guess I'm just an obsessive person. =(

I want to say in advance that I really, really, appreciate all of your responses...

gotitsowhat

Hello YoungLove

Hey there...

For the last week or so I have been getting more and more anxious about this mysterious little bump on my outer labia...

I have gotten cold sores for many years (so thats likely HSV1, right?) but have never had any genital symptoms... I am in a relationship with a man I love to death and who treats me like a queen, but we are not sexually active as it's kind of a long distance situation. I'm not sleeping with anyone else, and have only had sex with one guy over a year ago and it is very unlikely I could have gotten herpes from him...

A little over a week ago, we were on the phone and things got pretty uh... heated. I had a coldsore at the time, and the next morning there was this obnoxious tiny bump down there. What are the chances that I could have spread oral HSV1 to my own genitals?

Im not experiencing all of the typical herpes primary OB symptoms... I haven't been feeling terribly flu-like, and it isn't hurting me to pee... But I only have one bump and it is out of the way of urine.

Over the course of about a week the bump grew from being so small I could barely see it, to a dark red and very very swollen. It hasn't been particularly itchy or sore. This morning I woke up and checked on it immediately, and as I spread myself open to check on it... It oozed white pus like a zit. When I wiped it off with a tissue, there was also blood.

Sorry if this is graphic, but I feel like the more information I can give, the more helpful the responses will be.

I have a lot of questions...

This website has been totally helpful in calming me down, cause I was seriously freaked out, and I'm not even sure if I have herpes.

My relationship with my family is strained to say the least, and I don't know how to ask them to be taken to a doctor to get this checked out. I'm almost 17, no drivers' license. I don't know what to do, or how to get looked at by a professional because of my family. Anyone have suggestions of how to get around this without my family getting involved in my business?

And of course, I'm also really concerned about how to approach my boyfriend about this. Honestly I'm hoping he might be an asymptomatic carrier, and already has it but will never show symptoms... I know he won't leave me because of this, I know he won't love me any less... But I kind of prodded him the other day asking sideways questions in a joking way to figure out how he feels about the virus... The word "gross" came up a lot... Which hurts me pretty bad if I have it. Until I figure out if this is really what I have (maybe it was just a blister from rubbing too hard... but i've never seen a blister that oozed white puss when it broke), it would be really helpful if any of you know of other conditions that may have caused this. Primary outbreaks are supposed to be the worst... And I could easily have overlooked this OB, if thats what it was... Just one painless bump.

So if there's a chance that this could have been something less serious please please let me know. It would take a lot off my mind, but I will still get a blood test ASAP. I don't know if that will be helpful though, I already know I will be positive for herpes because of my coldsores. I guess really the only closure I will have is if I break out again and get a sore swabbed. =/

I think I'm going to discuss the possibility that I might have it with my boyfriend soon. If I do have it, we can be one step ahead in having come to terms with it then, and if I don't have it, then we can both be relieved. Does this seem like a good thing to do?

While we were "joking" around and I was asking him about it like... "Would you still love me if I had herpes?" and "Would you still want to have sex with me?" and things like that trying to test him out a bit, it became pretty clear that he's like the majority of people, and totally affected by the social stigma that surrounds the virus. Thinks it's totally nasty, and would completely warp his sex life to almost unecessary extremes to avoid contracting it, like it makes you a leper... When really, while I wouldn't want to give it to him, it seems like more of a nuissance... Just like coldsores.

I told him, while we were laughing about the ridiculous -hypothetical- scenario, "You know, herpes isn't actually that bad... It just has a bit of an 'ick' factor to it..."

And he says, "Yeah it IS gross."

After this reaction I told him that I guess any blowjobs I give him are going to be through a condom -- cold sore present or no. He didn't like that idea. So I think he might get over his squeamishness for the sake of pleasure when we are (finally) together sexually... And of course I don't mean having unprotected sex while I'm having an outbreak or anything... I just mean he might be able to get over the fact that I'm not totally clean and still be able to enjoy sex.

If it turns out I do have this virus, I think I'm going to make him read this website, as it totally educates, reassures, and removes that stupid stigma that makes this seem like a life-ending disease.

Anyways, I'm sorry this is so long, but not only did I have a few questions but I needed to get ALL these thoughts off my chest. I know I'm reading pretty far into this situation considering I don't even know for SURE if I have it... But I'm 90% convinced that this is my situation. I guess I'm just an obsessive person. =(

I want to say in advance that I really, really, appreciate all of your responses...

It could be herpes but it could be a lot of other things, too. Unfortunately, we can't diagnose you over the Internet. I would suggest a quick trip to Planned Parenthood in your area and ask for a herpes swab test. This test is only accurate if done at the height of the outbreak so if you are having the outbreak when you read this, you would need to go immediately. There is a blood test but it is only accurate at least 3 months from exposure.

If you do get the blood test, be sure to insist on the kind that tells what type of herpes it is (if it is).

If you do have herpes and you need to take Valtrex, you can always tell your family that you are taking it for cold sores. There is no reason they need to know about this unless you decide it is a good idea to tell them for some reason.

I do think you need to talk to your boyfriend about this. He sounds very decent and you two need to discuss this. Good luck on having a negative herpes test.