World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
cj1

just found out

cj1

hi everyone, I am crying while writing this. I just found out i have genital herpes and can hardly cope. I need to talk to someone but feel so alone. My first symptom was just some itching and one blemish one the underside of my penis. it wasn't a blister, just a raised red blemish. All symptoms went away in a few days. Has anyone else had this, and how did anyone else deal with just finding out. Please someone respond thank you and thank you to this forum

Butterfly of the Moment

Hello I'm sorry about the rough time you are having...it was very hard for me as well, I wanted to melt away and build a moat around my house and never leave. I've recently begun to feel normal again and my self esteem has raised a little. It's been 3 months for me. Did you get a blood test or a swab to confirm your status? Do you know who gave it to you or how long you could possibly have had the virus? I'm sorry about the questions but it helps to know the situation fully to help you better. Life isn't always fair and we got unlucky...then again it isn't a matter of luck considering the fact that the number of people who have herpes has risen and we constantly are coming into contact with people who have it in one form or the other whether we know they do or not. Take your time and cope and it's okay to be sad and angry, but don't stay that way. Educate yourself about the virus so you can control it better.

Shayna

Hi cj1, welcome to the forum!

I read both of your posts. The first thing that I wanted to say is, since you had a mild primary outbreak it's likely you may only experience mild outbreaks, if you have another one.

Being newly diagnosed is a huge blow. We have all gone through the emotional ups and downs after hearing our diagnosis....but it does get better. Learn all you can about hsv and how to manage it. For many, it's just an occasional skin irritation, it's the emotional aspect that can be harder to heal. Time has a way of healing that, too.

I'm not sure if you've checked out the "live chat" part of the forum? But it's a great way to talk to people in real time who share your feelings, or once felt the same and now feel better.

Take care!

tlt0109

Hi

I am sitting here crying as I wrote my first post just a few minutes ago. I found out on my 40th birthday back this past January that I have it--got it from my former fiance. Turns out that that was just one of many things he hid from me. Although it's been 7 months now, it's still as raw and fresh as the day the doctor told me. I feel so ashamed and embarrased--and now, for so many reasons, I ended the engagement. If he lied to me, and all the other things I found out about, what other lies have there been/will there be? I know I'm not making you feel any better; I guess all I can do is tell you you're not the only one who feels so desolate. A friend at work said to me, "How do you know there's not a great guy out there thinking nobody would want him either... you don't know what the future holds..." While I'm nowhere near wanting to be in a relationship now, I hold on to the hope that maybe there would be somebody who would accept me--and if not, I'd rather be alone than with someone who could lie and do this to me. His response when I told him was, "Oh, I didn't think you'd get it...." I wish there was something I could say to make it better, but that's why I'm here, too--I need someone to help me through this.