World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
leytb

Is it Herpes??

leytb

Hi Everybody , Im new here and really worried about my condition.

I've been having very small cuts on the shaft of my penis. They come and go randomly and usually feel itchy when appearing. sometimes the skin of my penis goes dry and it starts shedding. I had sex with a stranger about 5 years ago (protected), but freaked out and went to see every doctor in town, however, they did not check for herpes and only used a magnifying glass to check me. These cuts disappeared for a while and I found a girl that I love with all my heart. I decided to stop worrying after seeing 3 doctors and I started to have unprotected sex with my girl. I've been faithful to her all this time but the cuts are appearing now and they seem to itch more. Im really worried about this, im afraid it could be herpes and that I might have passed it to her. however, she has not shown any sympton or problem since we started dating almost 3 years ago.

really hope you could help and if you could tell me if this sounds like herpes. the cuts are on the side and top.

thanks so much for your help

JBnATL

Does not sound like herpes

I have never heard of cuts being associated with herpes. So I don't believe you are a member of our 'club', sorry.

But to be sure you should have a western blot blood test done. That is the most accurate test available for herpes. That will tell you if you have it or not and what type it is if you do.

Good luck!

JB

leytb

thanks for your reply. I scheduled a meeting with my doctor for next week and hopefully it is nothing. I always get this irritation or cuts on my penis' skin on the same place, it comes and go, but usually feels very itchy and/or like tingling sensation. I've never had any blisters or anything like those horrible images on the internet, and my girlfriend has never had any symptoms, however I am still worried it could be something and hopefully they can perform some tests. Its not good to feel this anxiety, thanks again for your words:grin: