World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
trying

Emergen-C and aspartic acid

trying

I read on another forum, which I can't find right now, that Aspartic Acid, which is in Emergen-C, is a known trigger for outbreaks. If I remember correctly, the effect of aspartic acid on the body was somehow similar to the way artificial sweeteners can cause outbreaks.

Has anybody had any negative experience with Emergen-C leading to an increase in OB's?

I like to drink Emergen-C when I'm especially tired, or am beginning to feel sick, but now I'm wondering if the risks outweigh the benefits.

ntdc

Aspartame breaks down into Aspartic Acid (amongst other things) in the body. I doubt there is enough in there to have much of an effect on you. It may be in there for flavoring. There are similar multivitamins you can buy which do not have flavoring because they are pills. I take cold-eeze immune support which is a multivitamin pill with ingredients similar to "airborne" or those type of immune support drinks.

I have found it doesn't help treatment but I've never seen it cause a breakout specifically

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • rareangel
      You really need to slow down or stop with your fear mongering. You are not deep in things of this nature as I am and we know the bottlenecks we face everytime we offer proof of what we have achieved as naturopaths. We are often rejected right at the door but does that stop us? Those who manage to accept us end up declaring what we do ineffective but later turn around and synthesize what we provided and began using it themselves simply because they believe they are more scientific than we are.   Much of conventional medicine was derived from nature and that should let you know that nature already holds most of the answers to our health but if anyone can easily get help from nature, then where is the money in it for big pharma? Diet alone does not handle hsv. I included a diet plan in my response to you but besides that, there is also the remedy which is most important. (This should let you know that I know what I am doing and saying) I did not come to this forum to play cloaks and daggers with anyone but to genuinely help. You should sound more encouraging and not judgemental. Hsv isn't a life sentence as many have been made to believe.
    • rareangel
      Thank you for posting our email conversation and also thank you for proving what I said about the mindset of people toward naturopaths especially when you suggested I could be a millionaire if I approached a scientific body.    If unscientific people such as you can easily be this judgemental and bigoted, how then do you think the truly scientific ones can be? Hsv is not as difficult as it is made to look. Indeed no illness is with the right treatment all illnesses that do not require surgery are easy. I run my own tests and have treated my own patients and have my own proofs. Surely you wouldn't expect me to forgo a patient confidentiality clause and release information on my patients to just about everybody do you?   If you were my patient would you want me to splash your details all over the web so anyone can have access to it?   People are afraid of what they do not understand so I understand your position and mindset but try not to label people from your position of insecurity. Not all of us are insecure.
    • Roja
      I am judgemental with people who try to take advantage of thousands of people, yes. Because I am sure some of them believe what you say and spend their savings in your "cure". And btw, I am a big fan of natural remedies. I believe that diet is one of the best ways to handle the virus. But I am also aware of the fact that it is up to now not possible to "delete" the virus. Maybe big pharma is trying to hide something, yes, but I don't think every single doctor and medical professional is lying to us. These people are professionals, they studied the human body for years. Do you really think all the doctors around the world would hide a "cure" like this for money?
    • Roja
      So you did not "just join this group".    So yeah, for everyone who is interested, I'll copy your e-mail:  "Good morning [name], The treatment for hsv from me lasts for a minimum of 3 months. The sequence of treatments goes thus 1) month 1 takes care of every symptom of hsv 2 you would ordinarily experience prior to or during an outbreak such as itchy/tingling sensation, feverish feelings and water retaining breakouts. 2) month 2 is the full body flush also done with one of my remedies which is pleasant tasting and calming to the body. This dislodges the virus from whatever nerve endings it has gone into and causes a weakening of the cell membrane in its envelope stage. 3) month 3 is a repeat of month one plus extra. The virus is killed off after the once impossible to penetrate cell membrane had been weakened and breached by the flush. Virus dies and patient at this stage would feel totally renewed and refreshed and free. Patient may experience an outbreak during the course of treatment which is expected but the appearance of the outbreak would prove patient is on track and doing well because the outbreak would be totally different from what used to be as I guarantee, no feverish feelings, no itch or tingling and no water retention in any rash that may appear. By the time we are done you can say goodbye to any form of breakouts be they stress triggered or not as you test negative. My remedy has zero side effects and works like a charm. Cost for each months treatment stands at $380. Patient has the option of running a monthly treatment thus paying monthly or paying for the entire 3 months and receiving all the remedies for the entire 3 months with directions on how to prepare them and the dose to take per time. Patient would also be required to keep in touch with me thus providing me with updates regarding progress reports so I can know if there is need to increase the dosage or leave it as it is. A diet plan would also be provided for the patient during the course of treatment. Long story short, I will work with patient for the entire 3 months of treatment up to the point of testing negative. Good morning once again. [Name]" So: 1) Not even one scientific proof. How should anyone believe your clients are "negative" if you can't prove?  2) 380 x 3 = 1140 $ for something that has no scientific proof at all AND moreover for something that up to now is IMPOSSIBLE. "This dislodges the virus from whatever nerve endings it has gone." Come on, that is impossible, as well as killing HSV from anyone's blood!  Again, you are a scam. And I feel so sad for all these desperate people who pay you a minimum of 1140$ for a treatment that doesn't work. 
    • rareangel
      The rule here says you should not be judgemental and you are already judgemental.   We are communicating via email and you got my permission to post whatever we discuss via email on this forum and I just sent you your first detailed reply and you are yet to post it here yet you have already labelled me a scam.  Do you now see why I said earlier that we naturopath's get the short end of the stick from skeptics like you?   I suggest you make amends to your post and stop being in a hurry to label everyone you see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.