World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
trying

Emergen-C and aspartic acid

trying

I read on another forum, which I can't find right now, that Aspartic Acid, which is in Emergen-C, is a known trigger for outbreaks. If I remember correctly, the effect of aspartic acid on the body was somehow similar to the way artificial sweeteners can cause outbreaks.

Has anybody had any negative experience with Emergen-C leading to an increase in OB's?

I like to drink Emergen-C when I'm especially tired, or am beginning to feel sick, but now I'm wondering if the risks outweigh the benefits.

ntdc

Aspartame breaks down into Aspartic Acid (amongst other things) in the body. I doubt there is enough in there to have much of an effect on you. It may be in there for flavoring. There are similar multivitamins you can buy which do not have flavoring because they are pills. I take cold-eeze immune support which is a multivitamin pill with ingredients similar to "airborne" or those type of immune support drinks.

I have found it doesn't help treatment but I've never seen it cause a breakout specifically

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Nietzsche
      Anyone heard of this research before? Dutch professor promoted in September 2017 on it and had some interesting results on patients with severe HSV1 symptoms. (last alinea) "Healing severe cold sore
      Arts achieved a remarkable success in research into three patients with a herpes infection. An infection with a herpes virus is common and leads to, for example, a cold sore. In the three patients, the symptoms were much heavier with ulcers throughout the face. Genetic research yielded three different genetic defects, but functional research showed that all three patients had a shortage of the antibody interferon gamma (IFN-γ). This explained the severe symptoms. A treatment in which the shortage of IFN-γ was abolished, caused the symptoms to disappear like snow in the sun for all three patients." (its in Dutch but you can translate by right clicking) 
      https://www.radboudumc.nl/nieuws/2017/exoom-verklapt-oorzaak-afweerstoornis "Immunologic defects in severe mucocutaneous HSV-2 infections: Response to IFN-γ therapy"
      https://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(16)30019-7/fulltext
    • honey120
      Which video dear
    • Mrspinkk
      If it works for shingles, I think it is beneficial in herpes. I do not want to lose hope. Do you have any idea how we can reach you?   If it works for shingles, I think it is beneficial in herpes. I do not want to lose hope. Do you have any idea how we can reach you?
    • Number212
      Do you have some irritation or itching ?do you feel tired ?  If not your fine don't worry
    • f*ckedOver
      https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-07/uoia-bdc071018.php

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.