World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
SavedYetLost

People are more accepting than I thought.

SavedYetLost

I told my best friend recently that I have herpes. I expected for her to look at me in disgust or something, but she didn't! She understood and comforted me. I was so relieved, because I was so afraid if I told my friends they'd ostracize me. Obviously, I had nothing to worry about.

On another note, I had been talking to a guy on a social network and he kept saying he wouldn't mind dating me. I replied with, "I'm not sure about that, you don't know how many skeletons I have in my closet." He said, "Try me."

So, I told him. He immediately said, "I'm so sorry, hun." He completely understood and accepted it. He told me that he doesn't care and that he still has the desire to be with me. I started crying because I've been so afraid that people wouldn't love me anymore because of it. He showed me that there are caring and loving people out there who don't let the social stigmata get to them!

I hope everyone has positive reactions like I had. Everyone deserves to be loved and wanted.

vtamnl

:)

I'm really happy for you. It really is a good feeling when you find people who are willing to accept you either way. People who research and get informed instead of being ignorant about the whole situation.

Keep the good news coming. Too many people worry about all the negative, and it's not because they have nothing positive in their lives, but because they're too busy being pessimists to notice the rest.