World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
luckyCat

Exercise is some of the best medecine

luckyCat

It helps me when Im down in the dumps and even when I dont feel so hot physically I always feel better after I get up and do something. I also eat better and sleep better.

Today I swam the equivalent of a mile at the pool I go to and I dont know ANY non H people who can do that...except maybe Dara Torres or Michael Phelps....but I actually dont rly KNOW them so.....

ps. Now that I think about it, I wouldnt mind 'knowing' Phelps in Biblical terms at all...teeheehee

Butterfly of the Moment

I agree exercise does make me feel better too...but i lack the motivation to get off my booty and do something right now haha...when I'm feeling down I always turn on a disney movie or comedy when I'm doing something...life can be so serious and I NEED something not so serious to break the ice surrounding me...i'm a nerd. Painting and doing something creative is something that makes me happy too. And there's nothing like a rollercoaster park to give you a kick of energy...i don't remember i have herpes when I'm flying through the air in a cart :) Ew, Michael Phelps haha jp....

luckyCat

What? You no like Mike? lol...

I also love watching animated films when Im down. Have you athced anything from Miyazaki? He has a new movie coing out called Ponyo, but his other stuff: Kiki's Delivery Service, Only Yesterday, My Neighbor Totoro or Whisper of the Heart are SO awesome. Definitely not just for kids and from the first scene I feel instantly mellow.

I also like watching Mystery Science Theatre. Drawing and painting also take me far away from my troubles.

Butterfly of the Moment

You find him attractive do you? Haha Michael Phelps has a bangin body and I'd party with him but I'm more into soccer players...haha...And I LOVE Hayao Miyazaki films...they are amazing...Howl's Moving Castle and Kiki are my fave...I will be seeing Ponyo for sure. Happy endings are a must. I'm glad to know other people enjoy the same stuff.

SavedYetLost

I love Miyazaki's films too! :D I honestly couldn't choose a favorite between Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spritied Away, or Howl's Moving Castle.

I saw Ponyo yesterday. I was a little disappointed, honestly. The art was good as always, but it was more of a kid's movie.

gotitsowhat

I'm impressed...

I can swim a full mile too.

I doubt if I can swim a mile but I do love to swim and I try to swim as much as I can. It's been beautiful swim weather here in so Cal. Swimming keeps me relaxed and feeling optimistic.

trying

is a mile considered a long swim?

I floated 6 miles downstream once.

WarriorKing

I have been back to exercising for about 2 1/2 months now. This is one area of life where I have a great deal of control. I am also inspired by my heroes in this area.

Here is one.

Dara Torres

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/dara_torres_small.jpg

and another.

Jack Lalanne. He is now 94.

http://www.jacklalanne.com/jack.html

justmyself

I was walking at least a mile 2-4 days a week. It helps me physically and emotionally. Now, in the midst of an OB, it hurts to walk. So unfortunately, this is not an option for me right now. :sad: