World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Sweet girl 77

Phone call saying my blood test is negative-no herpes

Sweet girl 77

At 7AM I received a call from the clinic saying my blood test was negative and that I do not have herpes. I spent most of yesterday on the internet reading and it says that not all blood tests are correct. So how can they tell me that I don't have herpes? I have to make an appointment to see a doctor to be figure out just what is causing the open sore I have. I do have something that looks similar to the herpes pictures I looked at, but I don't have a bunch of small blisters. Yesterday it looked like one that was about a half inch long by about 1/8 inch wide. The yellow pussy look is gone now and it is red, watery, and sore looking. It no longer hurts. She gave me lidocaine hydrochloride jelly 2% that seems to be working. So now I don't know what I have.

I can't find out how to post a new thread to the other forums, only on the new member page. Can someone tell me where to find directions on how to start a new thread on the other forums please?

rockgirl

well first just a thought on the blood test. I have read that there could be a false negative for a blood test for herpes if you got it done too soon. I think you have to wait for a little while after you have been exposed.

But hopefully the test is correct and its not herpes.

Second, to make a new thread on another forum, you click on the forum from the main page and then you will see a link for "New Thread" at the top right hand side.

Sweet girl 77

I just got home from the clinic. My nurse practictioner said my blood test and culture were both negative. All I have is raw skin that got infected from the virgorus sex. Thank you so much for this blog. It helped me a lot over the weekend. I will keep my bookmarks in case I do need you in the future. PS. Urgent care people don't know much about gynecology. And I had to pay $65 for the valtrax, but I am so happy I don't have it, I don't even care.

Thanks Rockgirl for letting me know how to make a post on other forums. Hope I don't have to come back, but I might visit to see how everyone is doing.

gotitsowhat

Good news!

But I'd get a new blood test in about 3 months to be sure; herpes can take a while to show on a blood test and often swab tests can be inaccurate due to not doing the test when the infection/sore is at its height.

Good news, though.

Sweet girl 77

Thank you for letting me know I should get another test. This has been such a wake up call to me. Scaryist thing of my life. My nurse practioner said the skin had been rubbed off and got infected. The Urgent care person just assumed herpes. When I looked at it, it did not look like a lot of little blisters, but one pussy spot. It is clearing up now that I am on antibiotics. Again I want to thank you for your posts to me. You are a blessing.

ntdc

I am glad it was a wake up call for you remember there are worse things than herpes you can catch please always use protection and ask your partners if they have been tested regularly for STDs.

sweetheart87

This is great news for you. I hope it was a wake up call...safe sex is always the way to go...there are much worse things than herpes. Hope you have learned a great lesson!!! Good luck with everything in the feature!