looking forward to meeting you

Tenacious

G'day

48 Y/O Christian male now living in Canada. Stumbled across this site whilst researching Oil of Oregano. I enjoyed reading many of the postings, and was drawn to join/sign up when I learnt there are also a group of professing Christians present.

I cannot not claim to be living the life Christ would have me to, but I am striving toward the goal. I hope to be of encouragement and support to some of you, and also to receive the same in return from others.

Faithfully...

Tenacious,

Welcome to the Site.

I was raised Catholic and as I got older lost sight of church. I'm now 29 years old and as of about 2 years ago I started to feel that the emptiness I was feeling although I have great family and wonderful kids, a good job etc was the fact that I didn't have God in my life. I realized that I no longer felt like I could consider myself Catholic so again I ignored it. I've had 2 experiences within the last few months .. the first experience, I was at a funeral and the preacher was preaching and I felt like falling to my knees and praising God (something I had never felt before) a month after that I was on vacation and stumbled across a group preaching in the city square. I was drawn to it and started crying uncontrollably again feeling like what I was ignoring was exactly what I needed in my life and I had known it for so long.

Now .. this. I'm angry. I haven't had an easy life and I feel like I'm being punished. Deep inside I know I'm not, I know that God is a loving God but I am going to quote something I said yesterday as I was crying (yelling actually is what I was doing) I said "Why is he letting me go through this? Haven't I been through enough? Am I suppose to learn something from this?"

My purpose in telling you this isn't to "repent" LOL ... I just had to say it. I hope you understand.

Hi and welcome

The site is very good, lots of information in the panel on the right and in the forums.

Also there is "live chat" where you can talk directly with other members.

I have faith, Catholic, but I don't believe that I got Hs as a punishment. God had nothing to do with it, I was just uneducated.

If I may...

TDA215, et al...

Thanks for the warm welcome.

TDA215, I haven't been on the site enough to see much of what is said in responses, particularly in matters of faith... but have you a bible... seriously?

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" - Rom 8:28.

I have repeatedly read the question "why does a GOD cause this or that to happen (to me, or someone else, etc...)". That is perhaps the simplest of questions to answer - and usually only asked by those unwilling to take responsibility for the (wrong) choices they have made in their lives. HE (GOD) doesn't, "we" because we disobey HIM - are the author of our own problems. If we (mankind) listened to and obeyed GOD, there would be no wars, no divorce, no hunger, not even death (a result of the first act of disobedience/sin).

I have H because I was promiscuous in my youth... and became involved with a woman I should not have. GOD clearly instructs us not to have sex outside of marriage (regardless of how enjoyable it is!) Had I obeyed... I (dare I say most of us) would not likely be on this site.

I'll anticipate the next question. For those of you who did obey and are infected as a result of your partner's disobedience - that is a consequence of their sin. Just as children would be brought into a marriage through your union (a blessing), H was brought into the marriage as a result of a partners sin. One must remember that in marriage, each family members actions (be they positive of negative) have an impact on the other members. So if for example, one parent gambles away the family fortune and the family finds itself impoverished - the children will likely suffer (no $ for higher education, etc...) though they (the children) had nothing to do with the act that resulted in the loss. And it certainly is not GOD's fault, is it.

So TDA215, if I may pose the question, why not repent? "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." -2 Cor 6:2

So yes friend, just perhaps you (and other readers) are to learn something "from going through this". Maybe, just maybe this disease is what is needed to get your attention (?) and bring you closer to GOD.

There is a well known quote (from a film) "you can't handle the truth!". I sincerely hope that you (and others) will take a moment (or longer) to examine your lives in GOD's perspective... not mankind's

Regards,

T CDN

Tenacious,

Welcome to the Site.

I was raised Catholic and as I got older lost sight of church. I'm now 29 years old and as of about 2 years ago I started to feel that the emptiness I was feeling although I have great family and wonderful kids, a good job etc was the fact that I didn't have God in my life. I realized that I no longer felt like I could consider myself Catholic so again I ignored it. I've had 2 experiences within the last few months .. the first experience, I was at a funeral and the preacher was preaching and I felt like falling to my knees and praising God (something I had never felt before) a month after that I was on vacation and stumbled across a group preaching in the city square. I was drawn to it and started crying uncontrollably again feeling like what I was ignoring was exactly what I needed in my life and I had known it for so long.

Now .. this. I'm angry. I haven't had an easy life and I feel like I'm being punished. Deep inside I know I'm not, I know that God is a loving God but I am going to quote something I said yesterday as I was crying (yelling actually is what I was doing) I said "Why is he letting me go through this? Haven't I been through enough? Am I suppose to learn something from this?"

My purpose in telling you this isn't to "repent" LOL ... I just had to say it. I hope you understand.

Hmm .. well well .. that is not what I expected. I definitely didn't expect for you to wrap me in your arms, rock me and tell me it'll be okay and it's not my fault nor did I expect you to dedicate a whole post directed at the fact that this might be because God is trying to give me a wake up call for disobeying him.

I'm tempted at calling you all those little non christian words I know, but I won't. Instead I'll say this:

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

- I am more than willing and HAVE taken responsibility for my part in this situation as most people here do but maybe you don't know that because as you said in the beginning you haven't read enough posts. "Why not repent" .. was that questioned asked because at the end of my post I said "My purpose in telling you this isn't to "repent" LOL ... I just had to say it. I hope you understand."? If it was let me clear this up right now, what I meant to say was that it wasn't to repent to YOU!!!!

Matthew 27:46 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

- When our Lord and Savior was on the cross even HE thought that God had forsaken him. Do you know why? Because he was FLESH AND BLOOD!!! As am I, as are YOU, as is every who suffers with this or anything, therefore, because I scream and yell and cry and ask God why he has forsaken me does NOT mean that I blame him or that I don't take responsibility or that I am looking for an excuse to excuse my wrongdoing. Understand????

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

- God is a forgiving God, a loving God. Although there have been moments I felt "forsaken" or punished I know better and i KNOW that God wouldn't simply allow this to happen to punish ME or anyone else because I/we disobeyed him. My day for judgement is coming as is your Tenacious .... "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."

That was no building up Tenacious .. that's for sure.

My apologies for posting something so "personal".

Have a great night

Discussion boards...

The posting was clearly written as a generalization in response to a topic initiated by another member. Indeed, there was a question was posed at the end, but not specifically directed at anyone... nor were any judgment's made.

Having said so... if anyone was personally offended, or felt the message was specifically directed toward themselves or another (and having re-read it myself and observing that it was written objectively as a generalization), the former (an offense) was not the intent.

If the posting was incorrectly and subjectively interpreted as such, then I can and do apologize only for my inability to articulate a theme onto paper (figuratively speaking), or for having poor writing style and/or grammar. I will do my utmost to pay closer attention in the future.

As for discussion boards, bare with me... my profile is marked as "newbie" and I've yet to adapt and find my way around. I appreciate your patience, understanding and the education.

Regards,

T CDN

Tenacious, please refrain from judging others here, This is a herpes support forum. This thread has been moved to "keeping the faith" section where you may post your religious views.

Apologies for being misinterpreted

K... hopefully, if I have this right, we are now on the correct "discussion board". If not... I'll welcome supportive remedial instruction. There is something to be said about brevity - but it won't be said here.

Let me begin by asking forgiveness of you TDA, and anyone else - if you drew the conclusion the posting was directed at you specifically. It was not, thus an error on my part of failing to make it appear otherwise.

Secondly, do not mistake me for being a touchy, feely, bleeding heart liberal Christian who believes we should all just get along. That is not at all scriptural. True Christians are called out to separate from those who teach error or twist GOD’s word to suit themselves. So if it is believed I am attempting to caudle anyone, hardly the case. I would be disappointed if a brother or sister in Christ allowed me in ignorance to continue in a sinful practice or behaviour. Once it has been brought to my attention and I am made fully aware of the sin, then I should be both judged and ashamed.

Thirdly, is it not my place to claim this virus, or any other condition/circumstance any of the readers of this or the former post/thread are faced with is a wake up call from GOD. Christians can say with all certainty though, but only because GOD’s word states so, sin is indeed enjoyable - but make no mistake about, it (sin) does have consequences. Nor am I anyone’s judge... however, true Christians (and those who are not) can know with certainty from reading GOD’s word what GOD clearly points out as right and wrong – and there is no middle ground. Sex outside of a monogamous marriage, according to GOD’s word is direct disobedience (to GOD Himself), and disobedience to GOD’s word is a sin that cannot be justified.

I’m going to pose this next issue in the form of a question. Why would anyone even think to call anyone a derogatory term of any sort, and for what purpose? Don’t misunderstand me; most Christians know very well where these thoughts originate, and who the author is.

As for the verses you brought to our attention. The first is perhaps one of the most misinterpreted and has been historically taken out of context to the point where it has even become a common phrase used among the unsaved/non-Christian. God’s word repeatedly instructs us to not only judge, admonish, reprove and rebuke sin, but to also separate ourselves from, and even challenge (using GOD’s word) those who do not cease to engage in sinful practices – that is to separate ourselves from those individuals who wilfully disobey and refuse to repent (to GOD). I’ll allow each the exercise of looking up the many supporting verses to those instructions.

As for the second, Christ is (not was) GOD in man’s flesh – and GOD cannot forsake Himself. GOD’s word teaches us that we, though saved, are out of fellowship (not out of His grace) when we harbour un-confessed sin in our lives. At the time our Lord and Saviour hung on the cross at Calvary, where were the sins of all mankind? Christ the Son was not “forsaken”, GOD the Father turned His back on the sins Christ bore to that tree. Christ became sin for us. Perhaps taking a moment to read Psalm 22:1-3 may assist to understand GOD’s response to sin.

As for the last verse, GOD is indeed a forgiving GOD, provided we come to Him, we admit we are sinners undeserving of Heaven, we confess our sins, and we ask forgiveness. It (forgiveness - and consequently salvation) isn’t “automatic”. Just because Christ hung and died on the Cross at Calvary to pay for all of mankind’s sin doesn’t mean all of mankind are automatically saved from eternity in Hell. GOD’s plan of salvation is clear and simple, but not “automatic”. Were that the case, there would be no Hell, and no need for judgement, and as clearly pointed out, all men will be judged for both good and evil - judgement is certain.

Furthermore, sin has consequences. There exist in some nations where, if upon conviction of theft, they will sever your hand. You can go back to the scene of the crime and do everything humanly possible to apologize and make retribution for theft, but your hand is not going to grow back! So if I as a 27 Y/O male committed fornication with a 20 Y/O woman I was residing with and became infected by her – that is the price GOD befittingly has set upon my disobedience to His word... and let me emphasis if it isn’t stated clearly enough - DISOBEDIENCE to HIS WORD. Had I obeyed Him, I’d not have committed the sin.

As for Ephesians 4:29, I am now somewhat perplexed by the introduction of this verse (and the book/chapter from whence it comes). What’s occurred is that we have come full circle to Matthew 7. So then... how do we, Christian friend; build up and edify one another if we are not permitted to judge one another’s acts and behaviour?

"Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:12-14)

T CDN

Hmm .. well well .. that is not what I expected. I definitely didn't expect for you to wrap me in your arms, rock me and tell me it'll be okay and it's not my fault nor did I expect you to dedicate a whole post directed at the fact that this might be because God is trying to give me a wake up call for disobeying him.

I'm tempted at calling you all those little non christian words I know, but I won't. Instead I'll say this:

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

- I am more than willing and HAVE taken responsibility for my part in this situation as most people here do but maybe you don't know that because as you said in the beginning you haven't read enough posts. "Why not repent" .. was that questioned asked because at the end of my post I said "My purpose in telling you this isn't to "repent" LOL ... I just had to say it. I hope you understand."? If it was let me clear this up right now, what I meant to say was that it wasn't to repent to YOU!!!!

Matthew 27:46 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

- When our Lord and Savior was on the cross even HE thought that God had forsaken him. Do you know why? Because he was FLESH AND BLOOD!!! As am I, as are YOU, as is every who suffers with this or anything, therefore, because I scream and yell and cry and ask God why he has forsaken me does NOT mean that I blame him or that I don't take responsibility or that I am looking for an excuse to excuse my wrongdoing. Understand????

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

- God is a forgiving God, a loving God. Although there have been moments I felt "forsaken" or punished I know better and i KNOW that God wouldn't simply allow this to happen to punish ME or anyone else because I/we disobeyed him. My day for judgement is coming as is your Tenacious .... "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."

That was no building up Tenacious .. that's for sure.

My apologies for posting something so "personal".

Have a great night