World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
toasty

Just found out.

toasty

Two weeks ago I found out a I have Herpes. I took this pretty hard at first. What caused this to be so hard on me, is that my fiancee and me were both virgins up to 7 months ago I think it was. Neither of us has ever done anything sexual with anyone else besides kissed other people.

Thankfully my fiancee has been really supportive, and been doing whatever she can, I talked to a doctor about getting her checked and they told me that if she does not have any break out, the test that can be done are not accurate? Can anyone on here tell me if that is true or not?

So as of right now only I am diagnosed with herpes. I have went and told my parents what I have found out, my mother has been really understandings, and my father just jokes around with me (knowing its the way we both deal with problems).

I am 22, while my fiancee is 23 and we meet 4 years ago at a swing dancing workshop in college our freshman year. We are planning to get married in July 2011, once I am done with my schooling.

Well that is all I can think of right now.

FaithfulOne
Two weeks ago I found out a I have Herpes. I took this pretty hard at first. What caused this to be so hard on me, is that my fiancee and me were both virgins up to 7 months ago I think it was. Neither of us has ever done anything sexual with anyone else besides kissed other people.

Thankfully my fiancee has been really supportive, and been doing whatever she can, I talked to a doctor about getting her checked and they told me that if she does not have any break out, the test that can be done are not accurate? Can anyone on here tell me if that is true or not?

So as of right now only I am diagnosed with herpes. I have went and told my parents what I have found out, my mother has been really understandings, and my father just jokes around with me (knowing its the way we both deal with problems).

I am 22, while my fiancee is 23 and we meet 4 years ago at a swing dancing workshop in college our freshman year. We are planning to get married in July 2011, once I am done with my schooling.

Well that is all I can think of right now.

That is not true. Tests can be completed, even without outbreaks. The doctor will have to do a bloodtest. There are 2 very accurate tests, that I know about, that can provide an accurate result for HSV-1 & HSV-2....If the dr. tells you that he/she can't test because there is no active outbreak, go to another facility.............

toasty

thanks, that is what I thought. I talked to a different doctor about getting her tested then where I went. I had just gone into an Express place, how it was cheap for being a students and thought it was something else.

Another thing...How long after an outbreak before I should think about having sex again?

FaithfulOne
thanks, that is what I thought. I talked to a different doctor about getting her tested then where I went. I had just gone into an Express place, how it was cheap for being a students and thought it was something else.

Another thing...How long after an outbreak before I should think about having sex again?

I hope someone can answer that for you....as I am certain someone here can. Just off the top of my head, I would say to wait at least a week after the OB has cleared.....but that is only my logical thoughts :D

I personally have never had an outbreak, so I have no clue the length of time that one should wait.........I do know that even with protection, it can still be spread, if the sores are on a part not covered by the condom......

toasty

Well we plan on waiting to the point when its most safe to do it again. So not during outbreaks. And where it currently did break out a condom would not have helped.

Currently the outbreak is gone, the meds I had to take made it go away at a decent speed I guess. I just want to play it safe, but still be able to be intimate with my fiancee.

FaithfulOne
Well we plan on waiting to the point when its most safe to do it again. So not during outbreaks. And where it currently did break out a condom would not have helped.

Currently the outbreak is gone, the meds I had to take made it go away at a decent speed I guess. I just want to play it safe, but still be able to be intimate with my fiancee.

I understand that completely. Is she going to get tested soon?

Also, make note that the virus can be spread even when you are not having an outbreak.

toasty

She has not decided when she wants to get tested. She is not that worried about it. But wants us to be as safe as we can. Yea I know it can still be spread between outbreaks, but just wondered what is the "safe point" i guess you could say.

FaithfulOne
She has not decided when she wants to get tested. She is not that worried about it. But wants us to be as safe as we can. Yea I know it can still be spread between outbreaks, but just wondered what is the "safe point" i guess you could say.

To take extra precaution, your partner, in addition to you, can also wear latex barrier for activities where her genitals may be in contact—you can buy sheets of latex from surgical and dental supply stores or from websites and cut them to size