World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
1960annie

l-lysine

1960annie

hi ,today i bought my daughter that has been newly diagnosed some l-lysine,from our health shop,her first o/b is finally over and she has finished her antivirols,the l-lysine is 1000mg,so im wondering is any one out there that can tell me how many she should take of them per day being they are 1000mg,and at mo on a special of of £3.29 instead of £6.29,or should i just say not let her take anything,and see if she has another o/b,and see how things go,with a healthy diet,i hope she doesnt get another o/b as my sis never did,just gets a cold sore on her nose now and then,even though she was diagnossed with genital herpes,also on sale is olive leaf,rather expensive at £27,english currency,but im prepared to pay for that for her as i want to make her as comfy and happy as i can,and if stuff like olive leaf will deter an o/b,then so be it,paying for olive leaf,then again its in liquid form,and how much should she take of that per day,the sales assistants were helpfull,but were limited to what they knew,and wasnt sure how much to take as i told them it was for herpes,so i hope someone can give me a bit of advice,thanks to everyone that has been there for me and my daughter the last 2 weeks,woo wooo im of to see her tommorow for three days,she has perked up as i do belive she has taken her self off to 'THE TOWER OF LONDON' with a friend,so thanks again

annie x

JBnATL

Click on the link on the left "What is Lysine"

There you can find their recommendations on how much to take per day.

Personally when I am dating someone I take 1000mg a day along with 400mg acyclovir.

However you might want to see how her body adapts to the virus, some people are lucky in that they only get one outbreak and then never another. My body has adapted over they years and I now never get them. I take the drugs as a precaution while I am dating someone.

Also look into kelp extract. From what I have read, that too helps prevents outbreaks.

Good luck to your daughter, she has a tremendous Mommy.

JB

1960annie

thankyou

thanks for your advice will make note of the kelp,i did actully see that in the shop aswell

annie x

1960annie

acyclovir

p.s doctors in the u.k only allow you to have acyclovir,when you have an o/b or if you suffer withs o/b's six times a year, then they let you have it,so she wouldnt be able to take that with the l-lysine, unless she has an o/b.think maybe i might see how she goes without taking anything,to begin with,but will get it all in just incase to be on the safe side,i will tell her you take what you do when dating,as she is dating at the mo,and has informed the young man,who has been so suportive to her,and doesnt seem to be bothered,so that was nice and sensible of him,shame theres not more of him about in england,as people are very small minded and ignorant re herpes,

thanks again annie x

JBnATL
p.s doctors in the u.k only allow you to have acyclovir,when you have an o/b or if you suffer withs o/b's six times a year, then they let you have it,so she wouldnt be able to take that with the l-lysine, unless she has an o/b.think maybe i might see how she goes without taking anything,to begin with,but will get it all in just incase to be on the safe side,i will tell her you take what you do when dating,as she is dating at the mo,and has informed the young man,who has been so suportive to her,and doesnt seem to be bothered,so that was nice and sensible of him,shame theres not more of him about in england,as people are very small minded and ignorant re herpes,

thanks again annie x

You're welcome.

I understand there is a herpes support meeting in London on the 26th. Don't know if she lives near there.

And have her come to the "Live Chat" room. There are many nice people there who could offer her additional support.

JB

1960annie

wooo

wooooo thankyou i will find out where in london it is,im sure she will be able to get there,if she has no other plans,she is coming home to live with us for a year on 28th september,which will be a weight of my mind as i can have her back in the nest where i can take care of her,i will tell her about the chat line aswell,if she doesnt know about it or been on it already,thanks again

annie x