World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
answerpleez

Does anyone have genital HSV1 and genital HSV2?

answerpleez

Just trying to figure out if I'm having a recurring genital HSV1 episode or it's a primary genital HSV2 infection. Looking for any advice from someone that has both genital HSV1 and genital HSV2. No lesions are present (and I'm not complaining), nor were there with my primary genital HSV1 infection, so I cannot get anything cultured.

justmyself

Have you had blood tests done? Without sores, that is the only way to tell which type it is. Just make sure the test is type specific.

answerpleez

Yes, 11 days past exposure tested positive IGG FOR HSV1 AND NEGATIVE IGG FOR HSV2, NOW IT'S 21 DAYS SINCE EXPOSURE AND I'm HAVING SIMILAR SYMPTOMS AS MY HSV1, SO DON'T KNOW IF IT'S RECURRENT OR PRIMARY

LivingLife77

In both areas?

In both areas? You are in the lowest percentile. ONly one website talks about having 1 and it and it only mentions the doctor had seen a few cases. Does one come out more than the other? How does it work? I suspected that for the longest time myself but blood tests won't prove anything for me.

answerpleez

I'm not sure I have HSV2 yet, had urethral culture performed last week and get the results back this afternoon. If negative I may go have another IgG test done to see if any HSV2 antibodies are present yet, will update the post

answerpleez

urethral culture was negative, so now I guess I play the waiting game, an outbreak that can be cultured or 4 month HSV2 IgG

answerpleez

28 day HerpeSelect HSV2 IgG ELISA came back negative, the waiting game continues, and at least I've got some anxiety meds to help me as well

LivingLife77

Dude

Try the 4 month waiting game but hold tight man and no more sex while you figure this out.