World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jackieo

Call in sick to work?

jackieo

Hi all--new to the forum. I just had my worst outbreak by far in years. (It's almost at bad as my first OB, which was terrible.) I rarely have one, and when I do, they're usually mild. Not like this.

I couldn't sleep last night from the pain, even though I took OTC meds, and can barely walk. Now I feel even more worthless and than I usually do when I have an outbreak because I called in sick to work today. ("I might be coming down with the flu" ...right.)

Has anyone else had an outbreak so bad that they couldn't work? I guess I just need reassurance that I'm normal and not being a wimp here.

justmyself

Don't feel like a wimp. I have read and heard about people who call in sick to work for a week or more because they are so horribly ill and in pain. Don't beat yourself up over such a minor thing. People get sick, people call into work. No one knows anything more than you tell them, and just let them think you have the flu.

notsofast22

Outbreaks suck and they not only make you physically hurt, they bring you down mentally. Don't feel bad for calling in about the OB. I called in last sunday so I could watch football all day. (shhhh don't tell) You had a legit reason to call into work and there are tons of people who call in with no symptoms at all. They simply just don't feel like working.

GntiNh

Yep I couldn't stand or sit, couldn't bear any clothing touching me, couldn't pee without screaming, couldn't sleep.

YOU ARE NOT A WIMP.

Hope you get some relief some.

trying

I called in sick for 3 days when I had my first cold sore. That shit didn't even hurt AT ALL, I was just so ashamed that I couldn't leave my room. So weak.

sun seeker

Hi Ya

Ive had up to three weeks off when ive had bad OBs like you are experiencing now.

My dr signs my sick passes with viral infection, im lucky that i work in a support setting so i was able to confide in my line manager who has been unbelievably supportive..... but the big bosses dont know and i dont yet intend telling them.

Your not a wimp your genuinely sick, just because its herpes youve come down with doesnt make it a illagitimate reason to take much needed time of to recover.

Good luck...