World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
kayla

Hi am new! and a little scared..

kayla

Hi all. Ah i just found out this morning that i have HSV 2 genital herpes..I have had cold sore for years and not real sure when or how long i have had hsv2 . Not sure its sunk in yet have read alot of info but none off it seems to be what i am after. My main concern is how or if i can transmit it to other members of my family like by washing our clothes towels ect together or them using the toilet seat after me ect? or bye dringking from same glass using same utensils ect? if someone could help me on this information i would b greatly appreciative. and what preventative mesures i can take. I amscared about what effects this will have on my life and how to deal with it all.. my doctor is no help as she hardly speaks english that well and she never even gave me an info pack or anything. jst looked at me like i was filth really.

WarriorKing

washing our clothes towels ect together

No, the virus will not live through the wash.

or them using the toilet seat after me ect?

I would just make sure the seat is dry

or bye dringking from same glass

For HSV1, I read some post that someone got it this way. I don't share glasses with anyone for regular hygiene reasons.

using same utensils ect?

I would assume same as above.

if someone could help me on this information i would b greatly appreciative. and what preventative mesures i can take.

There is a preventative section on this site and lots of other people to talk to. Do visit chat after you have posted twice. Also all measures are dependent upon whether you have HSV1 or HSV2, orally or genitally.

I amscared about what effects this will have on my life and how to deal with it all.. my doctor is no help as she hardly speaks english that well and she never even gave me an info pack or anything. jst looked at me like i was filth really.

Do not be scared. Get educated. The more you read the more you will know and not be scared.

kayla

thanks

thank you for your help.I am trying to read up on it as much as i can to get better informed.

snowfairy

Honey if the infection site isn't your lips then I don't think the drinks will be a huge issue but maybe just stay away from sharing glasses anyhow.

And I know the lit on the site says you can't get it from sharing glasses, that hte only way is skin to skin contact but my family does NOT do lip on lip kisses. And I still managed to contract it, and thats the only way I can come up with getting it, before I'd ever had a kiss or gotten up close and personal with Anyone!

So yeah, I'd be careful with the drink sharing :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Gems
      I've had neg swabs but I am sure you'll get it. Follow the process. I haven't read the thread in exact detail, but if you have documentation of doctors mishandling your case when you get/ if you get a poss inform them in writing as well as the medical board I think.  Under diagnosis is as problematic as false pos and reducing transmission is good.
    • MikeIke
      @WilsoInAusi wish you were right.  you can't say that with such confidence having never met me though.  I had one MD look at my sore on Sunday @ 8pm, said it was not looking herpetic but to come back in the morning.  I came back in the morning and he said it looked exactly like a cold sore/HSV1 based on the changes / "ablative look" to the skin around the lip.  The Dermatologists have never seen me with a sore until yesterday, too, and had only seen pictures.  They're used to the classic HSV2 look that shows up in Google Images. I think the swab test will be definitive - we broke open the sore and sent it off within  48 hours of appearing.  I'm also waiting for my 13 week IGG type specific HerpeSelect Immunoblot any day now using RequestATest - LabCorp.
    • Gems
      Not really wanting to call Terry.  I'll be checking the term anecdotal as I agree it may not be the best term. Maryland University seems to disagree and there was a researcher looking into random transmissions off poss objects in the eighties.

There are two cases of torts in the USA in regards to transmission from surfaces. These require a 50% probability in causation and would be medically confirmed. I would say the reason it is less documented as people just deal with it and get on with their lives or it happens more frequently in lower socio economic groups that all just go into denial.

I'm collecting the less than usual experiences Wilson, and not all professionals agree with Terry. These myths in my experience do not always get around with no basis.
    • Gems
      You can use the ignore button however they will still see your comments.
    • Gems
      The thread was more about antibodies any ways and I was just mostly sharing my experience of reading  those who claim a neg IgG. I am sorry I veered from that here.

One person I have read here claim neg IgG. And years ago there were two people who also claimed neg IgG.

It is up to each person to do their own research before they spend money on products.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.