World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
crystlicewtr

This is too new...And that really scares me...

crystlicewtr

When I found out I was diagnosed with Herpes I was beyond ashamed. From what I've heard of it was an STD, something someone got when they sleep around a lot. Well, I've only slept with one guy, and he has cold sores. For some reason he and I never really thought about the fact that because he didn't show signs of it doesn't mean that i couldn't have gotten it.

Anyways, I have herpes in both my mouth and my genitals. Whereas his is only the mouth...

I'm terrified. I don't know what to expect, and when i had my second outbreak I had to figure out what to look for because nothing my gyno gave me told me anything that i didn't already know(which isn't a lot to being with).

I have no one to talk to, and I don't think I can talk to my boyfriend about it because I don't want to sound like I'm accusing him of giving it to me because it was both our faults.

My parents don't know much about it, they don't really talk about it either. I just tell them how much I need for the meds and that's it.

I came here because I think I'm starting to become depressed, thinking that I'm somewhat less of who I once was, and I feel ashamed. Though above all else terrified.

I don't know what to do or how to avoid spreading it further to others or to myself. I'm even too scared to kiss my friends or family on their cheek like I used to all the time.

I need at least one person to talk to...please??

WarriorKing

I am here. It may be a slow day right now, but there are hundreds here as well. Post at least twice and we can do real time chat

SAS29

I am sorry, I just found out yesterday that I had herpes. Its a really scary thing but your def. not alone. I feel the same way as you....depressed, ashamed, etc. :( so I completely understand your thoughts.

OverDecadeDeep

I understand also. I suffered more from my own mental tortures like stigma, future relationships, feeling "dirty", and the fact that I , like you , knew my partner had HSV. I'm recently single and having to come to grips with my sickness to keep everyone safe.

Its important you talk with your boyfriend or someone you can trust. You will feel better. I was actually sleeping terrible for months after my break up, I just thought it was the break up (combined with less..hmmm..smoking.) I finally came to tell my Mom, who was supportive, and my sleeping returned to a normal schedule, looking back it is clear to me I was holding this secret to myself and it was slowly taking me over. This site has helped also.

Dont feel depressed, or too deep at least, just because you have hsv doesnt mean your not yourself anymore. Good luck, support is close.

WarriorKing
What's "real time chat"?

The top of the screen has a link that says "Live Chat", which is a chat room for us, sometimes busy, and sometimes empty. The postings and answers to postings is the most active part of the site, but if you find people in the chat room it is nice to get immediate communication.