World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLife77

Lysine Caused Bad Acne for me

LivingLife77

It gave me deep down zits that took weeks to pop. I don't take it at all now. I learned it is because it is an amino acid and for me excess aa=acne.

clover

There have been some others on here that have said the same thing. I already have acne and don't need anymore so I guess I'll just stick to the antivirals for now. Been wondering about the olive leaf stuff though. That probably doesn't cause acne right?

ObviouslyConfused

The Lysine helps clear up my face, I guess it just depends on your body :)

MonkeyDance

Hmm...I've been having problems staving off pimples and secondary infections around my lips...I figured it might be the way I was treating the area (keeping it dry, not touching it much, applying crap) or maybe that it was that my immune system was busy fighting H, but now I wonder if Lysine is contributing...

artgirl87

Wow I never put that connection together...but I think Lysine made my acne worse too. I'm on a ton of prescription meds for the acne and their efficacy varies, sometimes they work for awhile and then I have to switch to something else. Anyway, my skin has been really bad lately, and I just noticed this morning it really cleared up for some reason over the weekend...like there is a huge difference. Well, I visited a friend this weekend and forgot to take my lysine with me so 3 whole days without taking it, that might be why my skin cleared up. However, I'm not in the midst of a terrible outbreak, so I'm not sure which is worth it...