World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeiscoming

Yikes.....

Hopeiscoming

I think i may have been infected with gential herpes.... 2 Days after sex with a "friend" I started to itch all over my gential area and for the rest of that week I was really sick. About 2 weeks after that the itching kept going but moved into my anus. Now its been 5 weeks and I have noticed some dots around my pubic area but I try to pop them and it takes all my force. (I know its not ingrown hairs since theres no hairs there, but I do shave).

Now I have seen a doctor and showed her but she said its a male yeast infection. That doesn't explain these bumps showing up... Although after squeezing hard enough they do pop out blood. I'm just so scared now. There not grouped together but I've read that it really doesn't matter. I want to get a blood test done but should I wait?

Thank you

Hopeiscoming

Also may I add to anyone looking at this... Reading forums non stop is a bad idea as it just scares you even more I find.

Shayna

Hi there,

The advised time frame for an accurate blood test is around 3 months after exposure. That would be enough time for your body to build the antibodies that the test picks up. If you are tested now you would know if you already had the virus and it didn't show any symptoms until now, or it would simply be a baseline to give you an idea that this person indeed passed the virus to you.

You might like reading the informational links to the right of this forum page. They have lots of accurate information about hsv and how to manage it.

Welcome to the forum, Hopeiscoming. ;)

Hopeiscoming
Hi there,

The advised time frame for an accurate blood test is around 3 months after exposure. That would be enough time for your body to build the antibodies that the test picks up. If you are tested now you would know if you already had the virus and it didn't show any symptoms until now, or it would simply be a baseline to give you an idea that this person indeed passed the virus to you.

You might like reading the informational links to the right of this forum page. They have lots of accurate information about hsv and how to manage it.

Welcome to the forum, Hopeiscoming. ;)

Yeah that's why I think its better waiting till later ( I hate needles lol) but I have read up on the symptoms and come to the conclusion that it can be a male yeast infection , herpes, jock itch , maybe scabies. I just want some comfort knowing if I have it or not. Like I stated my doctor took a look and didn't think anything of it and I have read so much about it , its like I am trying to convince myself I have it. Also I should add that she gave me a cream called Limasil for yeast infection, it does help the itch but these bumps just scare me.

One more thing lol.... There was oral sex given but nothing around my mouth that would warrant it (herpes). This is the hope I hold onto that I didn't catch anything. It just feels good to get this off my chest even if its on a forum.

Shayna

I'm glad you are not stressing as much! One of the confusing things about herpes is, it can look like many other things, as you are finding. Stay calm...it makes life easier. ;)

Hopeiscoming

Thanks... It's been 6 1/2 weeks since where I thought I contracted the virus but still no blisters or ulcers... I still have icthy pubic area ... I'm waiting till 3 months to get the blood work done just to be sure.

But Shayna if I have yet to experience any real blisters yet , would bet that i'm more along the lines of a 20% to actually have it?

Thanks , Hope

PS. I have really calmed down about the whole stressing out too! University is taking all my stress. lol

jacksprat

I don't think it's herpes but, as advised, get a blood test to be sure.

And it's not a great idea to pop herpes blisters - it can spread the virus and leave scarring. I know it's tempting, but try to resist it, especially if it takes "all your force".

ntdc

you can split the difference between 6 and 12 wks if you really cant wait. if symptoms persist simply retest at 12-24wks

really scared

Hi there.. it seems i'm in a similar boat to you.. strange coincidental symptoms but no "smoking guns" or specfic sytmptoms that suggest herpes... lets hope that were both ok..

I couldn't take it anymore so I got a blood test done the other day which is 5 weeks post exposure for me.. I had an IGM test done 2 and half weeks afterwards that came back negative but sounds like thats useless...

From other forums i've browsed that have been moderated by doctors I've read from them that since you haven't had any blisters or sores - thats a good sign as they appear usually within 2 to 10 days of infection. Not definitive of course...but a good sign