World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sweetheart87

I forgot I even have Herpes!

sweetheart87

I have been dealing with this DAMN virus for almost a year now. I have been on suppressive thearpy and have not had an OB since the first one I ever got. I have been taking my meds on a regular basis and it just seems like I'm taking another vitamin. I always took vitamins before being diagnosed with herpes.

I have read alot of posts on here about people who think about H every single day...why? Herpes is just a stupid little virus...it's not going to kill us and there are sooooooooo many people that have it. There are people out there that have this virus and dont even know it. There are probably a couple of your friends have it, relatives, doctors, lawyers, actors....and the list goes on. I don't understand why people think about it sooo much. It's a skin condition and we can't get rid of.

I know when you first get this virus, you are shocked depressed, and even ask "why me? why did I have to get an STD?" Everyone should know...that if you are going to have sex, you are at risk of getting an STD!!!! STD's are not fun to deal with, and some of them you can get rid of, and some of them are just really really annoying...LIKE HERPES!!!! People are not going to talk about their STD's, because they don't want to be judged..I don't talk about mine to people. There are some people that know I have this virus, but they don't look at me any different. Yes, I have HERPES, I'm not proud of it, but you know there is nothing I can do about it. Yes, I may get rejected, but that is not going to stop me from finding a great guy for me. I'm giong to live my life to the fullest, and not let this little skin condition get in my way!

All I want to say really is, that once you have gotten your diagnoses, yes get mad, and cry...but after a little bit you have to get over it. You will not get rid of this virus, by crying and be depressed. I know it sucks, I'm dealing with it too, but I have gotten over it and I'm dating and I found a man who accepts me for me...and he is H-FREE!!!! You will stop thinking about it sooner or later, and it won't bug you as much!

Peace out people...you all rock!

smithconfused

love your optimism and inspiration. I know I will get there someday and I hope it is soon!!! Keep up the positivity...it is rubbing off on me. Thanks.

snowfairy

That's great. Love the positivity. Honestly I don't think about cold sores unless I have an outbreak/or a cold and get chapped or tingly lips. Just like I don't usually think about my blood pressure unless i run out of my prescription. Etc. Or at least I try to, look on the bright side when I can :)

CR25

Definitely am benefiting from the positive vibes in this post, thank you. I dont think about it unless i meet someone and want to hook up. Then i of course realize that i can't and go back to being disgruntled. Oh well, guess im not that grown up yet...still wish i cud fool around.

CatLover21

Seriously?

That's all well and good, but when you're like me and have oozing sores covering the entire surface of your face, and might lose your sight to herpes keratitis, feel-good mantras are somehow ineffective...

tle294

I'm in the same boat..

I've only had IT for almost 2 months and I hardly

ever think about it..

sweetheart87
That's all well and good, but when you're like me and have oozing sores covering the entire surface of your face, and might lose your sight to herpes keratitis, feel-good mantras are somehow ineffective...

I know your having a hard time. You will get through it. If you are having that bad of sores...maybe the doctor can do something for you. I think they would help you all they can so you don't go blind. They have to be able to think of something. Hope it all works out.

gothgirl

Good on you for your positivity but for people like me who have regular outbreaks it is hard.

When I get an outbreak it is so bad sometimes that I can barely walk,I have a very active 2 yr old who I need to run around after,run around with and walk to childcare 2 days a week(it is a half hour walk there in the mornings and back and again in the afternoon,2 hours each day)so at the height of a herpes outbreak I cant help but think f*ck you whoever gave this to me.Its not a skin condition to me,its something that puts me in alot of physical pain.Yeah I cry about it,it wont help me get rid of it but it helps me deal with the frustration.I cant take anything for it due to other medications Im on,I would have to stop taking my daily medications and for my own health that would be a silly thing to do.

Everyone deals with things differently and I think it is very judgemental to just say get over it,for some, it simply isnt that easy

CatLover21

I totally agree. Whoever says they can forget they have herpes does not have a debilitating form of it.

jacksprat

I agree with others - it's much easier to forget when you've been outbreak free since your primary OB. You may feel differently if you'd been suffering monthly OBs. Still, good that you've come to peace with it.

sweetheart87
Good on you for your positivity but for people like me who have regular outbreaks it is hard.

When I get an outbreak it is so bad sometimes that I can barely walk,I have a very active 2 yr old who I need to run around after,run around with and walk to childcare 2 days a week(it is a half hour walk there in the mornings and back and again in the afternoon,2 hours each day)so at the height of a herpes outbreak I cant help but think f*ck you whoever gave this to me.Its not a skin condition to me,its something that puts me in alot of physical pain.Yeah I cry about it,it wont help me get rid of it but it helps me deal with the frustration.I cant take anything for it due to other medications Im on,I would have to stop taking my daily medications and for my own health that would be a silly thing to do.

Everyone deals with things differently and I think it is very judgemental to just say get over it,for some, it simply isnt that easy

I'm not trying to say i don't think about it. It's in the back of my mind. I might not have a bad form like yours, but I STILL have it. I am trying to move on from it. Yah I understand where your coming from, where you have children to take care of, but I have HSV-1 Down below and I KNOW the kind of pain you are in. I got my first ob, and it lasted for 3 months. I know the PAIN. I also understand that you cant take the other medications, but you should really put someone down when they are having a great experience. I'm not trying to be judgemental on saying GET OVER IT, but some people that are crying everyday about it, they are only making it worse on them!

bookbum
Definitely am benefiting from the positive vibes in this post, thank you. I dont think about it unless i meet someone and want to hook up. Then i of course realize that i can't and go back to being disgruntled. Oh well, guess im not that grown up yet...still wish i cud fool around.

I guess at 33 I'm not grown up yet either...the fact that I can't fool around or indulge my fantasies pisses me off more than anything else about having herpes. I am grieving for the spontaneous experiences I didn't get to have.