World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ill be cool

The itching and pain is unbearable

Ill be cool

This OB has lasted ONE week so far and is the most painful OB i can EVER remember having (and ive dealt with it for over 7 years).

I hardly ever get depressed about them or let them bother me but this past week has really knocked me:( Its a constant reminder about all those years ago:(:(

The itching lasts for ages whereby i end up needing to sratch although i know it doesnt help. I think its causing to the length of time aswell. I think its speading too, its now on my labia aswell as inside.

Once an OB has started what do you do to help speed up with the OB? Right now all i want to do is cry as i feel it will never end. someone please help with any advice. Thanks.

sun seeker

Hi There,

I find that along with meds a salt bath everyday, two or three if you have the time really eases the pain and speeds recovery..

Hope this helps.

Good luck...

justmyself

What about taking medication for this outbreak?

Ill be cool
Hi There,

I find that along with meds a salt bath everyday, two or three if you have the time really eases the pain and speeds recovery..

Hope this helps.

Good luck...

Thanks, i tired bathing with epsom salts aswell.

Ill be cool
What about taking medication for this outbreak?

I have been, ive been taking acivicyour (sp) and lynsine 2000mg per day.

Ill be cool

Im starting to believe the itching came from a yeast infection from the antibiotics ive recently been taking.

Its all calmed down now, brought something for the thrush and taking my pills as usual.

Thanks for those who responded.

SFML

Take more than 2000mg

I have been, ive been taking acivicyour (sp) and lynsine 2000mg per day.

I would take 2000mg 3 times a day, studies show that increased dosages up to 8000mg a day can decrease the time and severity of OB's. Anything over 8000mg has not shown any significant/positive effects.

Ill be cool
I would take 2000mg 3 times a day, studies show that increased dosages up to 8000mg a day can decrease the time and severity of OB's. Anything over 8000mg has not shown any significant/positive effects.

Oh great news, what study was that. Im really intrested in trying to suppress the virus as much as possible.

SFML
Oh great news, what study was that. Im really intrested in trying to suppress the virus as much as possible.

Just google L-lysine and herpes. Go on Wikipedia and search herpes lots of helpful stuff on there also.