World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
justanotherface

Newly Diagnosed

justanotherface

I was diagnosed with hsv-2 2 months ago and I swear I feel like one of the stupidest people on the planet!! The person I contracted from had no signs so he was unaware until the symptoms started occuring for me. I feel like I will never be in a relationship with anyone because no one wants to deal with this(not even th person I contracted from). It is painful and I feel like I have no where to turn. Aside from talking to the person I contracted this from, I have spoken to no-one................I feel so alone!!!!

justmyself

Well then join the crowd of stupid people! Just kidding!

We aren't stupid, just unlucky. There isn't a way to tell if someone has this unless there is an obvious outbreak. If you saw a bunch of sores on their genitals and still had sex with someone, then yeah, that's pretty stupid. Otherwise, unless you do a blood test, you wouldn't know if they don't tell you. And even then, a blood test would only tell that they didn't have it like 3 months ago, since it takes that long for antibodies to show up in the blood after the virus gets into your body. They may not have known. It happens. And you definitely are not alone! Read the posts on here. Everyone is going through the same feelings, especially when you are first diagnosed. Post questions on here. Everyone is really nice and helpful. Read the info on the right side of the page. Very informative.

You found the right place for support though!

peace2212

I hope talking to people on here and hearing what they have to say really helps u feel that ur not alone. I just joined a few days ago and already i feel so much better about my situation, dont get me wrong it is still hard to deal with but I found this site helps me. I know what ur going through i just contracted the virus a month ago and the asshole who gave it to me is still in denial about having it or even spreading it. we just have to take things day by day and not let it completly control our lives. Good luck to u.