World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
BeautifullyBroken

i hate everything.

BeautifullyBroken

today has been terrible. i can't focus in any of my classes because i can't stop thinking that this is going to be the rest of my life. all of this stupid shit and hurt. i just wish everything was normal again. i've never felt so ugly and damaged in all my life. why would anyone want to be with someone so ruined? i'm so young and i never even enjoied sex before i got this shit. i want to take it all back so bad. i can't talk to anyone. no one will understand. they would just think i'm disgusting. i honestly feel that way too. is this every going to end? does it ever get easier to love yourself with herpes?

lizabeth

this may be hard to believe right now, but things and life isn't over..

After the pain goes away and your body adjust and you learn things to protect yourself.. you'll have a much better handle on it.

it'll take time to get thru the mental part of the virus.. you're not damaged... herpes didn't change all the wonderful things about you..

You're in school... so you're smart, your strong... (you'll be stronger) .. your kind.... and although i haven't seen you.. I'm sure h didn't take away your looks either...

Take baby steps.. right now focus of getting better and healing...after you've healing.. learn about about triggers.. and natural suppliments that'll help...

after that.. if you have a guy worry about that... or if you're single... that's okay too.. worrry about them as they come up... not all at once.

I have herpes and I'm not damaged.. I'm defferent and my outlooks are different but we're not damaged.. we're more careful now..

But can totally live life again..

chooseyourbattles

Believe me, it gets better with time. Every member of this board has been there.

Now18
does it ever get easier to love yourself with herpes?

Yes!!

I was just as upset as you when I found out. Keep educating yourself, and come here for support. You'll realize that it is totally possible to have a normal sex/dating life again.

gotitsowhat

Sorry you are going through this

today has been terrible. i can't focus in any of my classes because i can't stop thinking that this is going to be the rest of my life. all of this stupid shit and hurt. i just wish everything was normal again. i've never felt so ugly and damaged in all my life. why would anyone want to be with someone so ruined? i'm so young and i never even enjoied sex before i got this shit. i want to take it all back so bad. i can't talk to anyone. no one will understand. they would just think i'm disgusting. i honestly feel that way too. is this every going to end? does it ever get easier to love yourself with herpes?

What type of herpes do you have? You ARE "normal" since MOST people in north America carry some form of the herpes virus; most people have had a cold sore or two in their lives.

Is there a counselor you could discuss this with at your school? There is something very healing about saying the words "I have herpes" out loud. And it is also healing to get another perspective on it from someone who is used to counseling troubled people.

In any case, we are here for you. If you like, you can PM me. I have had genital herpes for 14 years. I don't like having it but have gotten over the feeling that is will automatically ruin my life. It is, after, all, a minor condition, and one that can be medically managed. And we have every reason to believe there will be a vaccine soon and, eventually, a cure.

Hang in there. It WILL get better.