World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
E2F83

Scared

E2F83

It seems that, as usual, the girls are having less problems with dating. I'm waiting for my results tomorrow and I'm so scared. These horrible feelings just keep coming even after feeling better by talking to my Dad. I'm afraid that herpes can make girls and guys desparate, lowering their standards. God I've never been so scared in my life. If I get good news I will never have sex until marriage; however long that maybe.

It's such a minor inconvenience yet it takes such a heavy toll on the mind. Guys even purposely date girls wit H because they think it'll be easy. And it's so hard for guys to date with H. I'm almost tempted not to pick up my phone when the medical clinic calls :sad:

I've been drinking myself to sleep just to numb the pain. I can withstand many hardships, but this, this is just to much to bear. How do you guys go on!

SpaceGoat
... I'm afraid that herpes can make girls and guys desperate, lowering their standards...

First... *hugs*. This is going to be okay. It's okay and perfectly natural to be scared. We are here for you.

Second.. never ever think that you will have to lower your standards. Ever. Never settle. You wait until you find the perfect person, the person who fits you like a glove... give them your love. You deserve nothing less.

You have to know in your heart that you still deserve to love and be loved. You did nothing wrong. Herpes doesn't call out your name, seek you out to punish or think about you at all. Herpes is just a skin condition. Your skin was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Period.

Anyone worth having is not going to think differently of you. Remember that. Yeah, herpes may weed out the people who wouldn't be good for you anyway.. but that is all. Nothing else has changed.

Do not let herpes define you, even if your test says you have it. Not knowing (as in not answering the phone) won't change the fact if you have it. I'm glad you have your Dad to talk to. :) I wish I had cool parents like you.

angellady

I think having H kind of raised my standards. No more douche bags, and that's kind of a good thing.

You don't know yet, but hopefully you find out soon.

chooseyourbattles
Guys even purposely date girls wit H because they think it'll be easy.

Where did you come up with this one?

Now18

I think the girls who will accept you with HSV, will tend to be from a better stock anyways. Probably more understanding and open-minded.

Herpes has also caused me to raise my standards.