World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Anikie

What do you think?

Anikie

Hey everyone. Before I start, let me tell you a little about myself. I am 20 (21 in October), I am a virgin (THE IRONY), (no sexual intercourse but) I gotten blow jobs from 3 different girls excluding my current girlfriend (total 4), I have kissed about 8 different girls, I have performed oral sex to only my current girlfriend aaannnd I am a virgin!

What I knew before about herpes?

Not a damn thing.

So, now for a little story time-

I have had chicken pox when I was like 6, cold soars when I was 12 and have shingles + what I think is hsv-2 at the moment.

I have always tried to stay away from sex thinking like a little noobo that, NOT HAVING SEX MEANS NO BABIES OR NO STDs! I haz nu brainZ!

Plus I really did want to wait for a girl I can have sex with and not have her regret it once I decide to break her heart (sarcasm).

At age 20...basically at January-09 I found the best girlfriend ever. We moved pretty fast and before I knew it we both fell in love for the first time. And, I am well aware of what love is...and what it means to be IN it.

So, in the beginning, we always kissed...I mean, every chance we had or every time we were alone (pretty normal). Well then after a month or so- we moved onto oral sex and I loved giving it to her because..who doesn't like pleasuring their lover? A female spider...

And...no every chance we had or every time we were alone we or onto business. After awhile- we were more about spending time together then just eating each others faces off or performing oral sex.

But still did it almost everyday..

Later we decided to have sex but then I stopped us and asked her to be completely sure or whatever-

Because

#1: She is a virgin and she only kissed 2 boys.

#2: If she had sex with me, she would find the answer to life.

$3: Once we started- I knew we would always worry about that than having fun playing street fighter 4 and littlebigplanet on PS3 or watching anime together..etc.

We decided it would be best if we waited longer..but we never stopped with the oral sex- and so after 8 freaking months (last month)-

She got genital herpes- and so we freaked out at first but then learned more which comforted us greatly.

It's hard together but harder alone.

We assumed I gave it to her from oral sex but didn't understand why suddenly. We did read about the whole latent smackdown later..

So...we handled it like adults and didn't try to let it ruin our love. It had no chance in doing so anyway..pfft.

We later continued to go back oral sex...except not on my part..but I did buy some clinic gloves to at least pleasure her in some way..

So now after a month..I just saw this little white pimple like bubble around my genital area..like just one little guy. Before I noticed it...I kept feeling something so I rubbed it really hard and felt pain and when I looked at it--

I was scared as fuck...it looked like a popped pimple with the white part out! I quickly ran to bathroom cleaned it and all and washed my hands..

I am assuming...I gave it to her when I kissed her and then she gave it to to me in oral sex. :( I am a hazard!!! Now what? I never kiss her? I can never have sex without a condom? Or do I even have hsv-2? I can't masturbate ever again? I have to talk to her about this tomorrow- And it will be another limitation in our relationship but I know we will come through.

Oh..I don't even have insurance or didn't get my blood-work done yet :[

I am using over the counter stuff for my shingles-

What do you think?

JBnATL

It sounds like you both have hsv-1 genital

From what you described it appears you have infected your gf via oral sex since you say you have had cold sores in the past. Now it looks like she may have infected you.

Most instances of cold sores are hsv-1 which is a more mild version of herpes, meaning your outbreaks will be fewer and less severe (in most people).

Since you both now have it, there is no reason why you can't have unprotected sex. Just try and avoid sex if either of you is having an outbreak. And if you are not having an outbreak there is no reason why you cannot masterbate as well.

Walmart sells Acyclovir for $4 a prescription so I would advice you to ask your doctor to prescribe that. Also click on the link to the right "What is Lysine". Lysine has been shown to help prevent outbreaks.

Come to the "Live Chat" room and you will meet others just like you have are living with this 'gift'.

Good luck!

JB

Anikie
From what you described it appears you have infected your gf via oral sex since you say you have had cold sores in the past. Now it looks like she may have infected you.

Most instances of cold sores are hsv-1 which is a more mild version of herpes, meaning your outbreaks will be fewer and less severe (in most people).

Since you both now have it, there is no reason why you can't have unprotected sex. Just try and avoid sex if either of you is having an outbreak. And if you are not having an outbreak there is no reason why you cannot masterbate as well.

Walmart sells Acyclovir for $4 a prescription so I would advice you to ask your doctor to prescribe that. Also click on the link to the right "What is Lysine". Lysine has been shown to help prevent outbreaks.

Come to the "Live Chat" room and you will meet others just like you have are living with this 'gift'.

Good luck!

JB

Thank you for taking the time to read and give some advice.

:/ Here is a little more information- I woke up today and well- I still have the same (lonely) pimple around my genital area. Do you guys think more will show soon?

And if I have genital herpes and she has to it- isn't it risky to have unprotected sex still? I mean...what if we get HIV from that or somethin...

I am completely not sure.

Oh and can I also have oral sex with her, since both parts already infected?

WarriorKing

Slow your mind down a little. Need to get tested to know for sure what you have. If you have an active blister I would get it tested now. I have heard that maybe Planned Parenthood offers some free services. You are imagining the worse case scenarios. Try to devote yourself to reading and learning instead.

Butterfly of the Moment

Hey there, you both need to save up money and go in for testing (blood test) or if possible have that "pimple" swabbed. It's very rary to reinfect yourself or partner if you have the same strand of herpes unless your partner or yourself just got the virus and your body hasn't developed the necessary defenses (antibodies). You can't get an std by having sex with your partner if neither of you had it in the first place so you can't get HIV. You both can have a wonderful sex life and you can still perform oral sex on her and vice versa. Avoid sex on outbreaks. You will be okay. I would be surprised if you got genital herpes from oral sex just b/c you have had that particular virus for a long time and should have defenses. Never say never though but it's highly unlikely. It could still be a just a pimple and you are being paranoid. Don't assume anything...wait until you get your test results.

darkangel2100

planned parenthood

I think planned parenthood has a sliding scale for services based on your income level so that should help. Get tested asap while you still have the blisters.

Anikie

Thanks everyone for all the advices! I feel much better.

I guess I do have to spend a few bucks to get some testing done.

My partner already had hers when her outbreak happened since insurance ain't a problem from her : ]