World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
jennrill

how to help my partner?

jennrill

i'm really depressed right n0w...h'e pushing me away...but i love him and wanted to help...but he's to0 negative about his situation... and our situation in the future...i really love him that i can't just sit here letting him handle the situation...i know he loves me also that is why he's pushing me away for me not to be affected...

please help guys....i need your enlightenment about this situation....

thank you and God bless....

JBnATL

Have him come here

He probably knows very little about the virus. Have him come here and read all the information available. The more he knows the more he will realize that this, for the most part, is a harmless little virus.

And point him to the success stories section of the forum and let him read how others have successfully coped with this and have gone on to live normal healthy lives.

Tell him to come to the chat room and see all the other people just like him who have it.

Good luck!

JB

Prinny973

bring him to this forum and let him explore...he'll be fine...he just needs to get used to it

gotitsowhat

What type?

What kind of herpes does he have? How much does he know about it? Does he realize that herpes is fairly normal and that most people carry some form of this virus. Even the stigmatized genital kind of herpes is fairly common; one in four women and one in five men.

Give him some information for when he is ready to read it. And then give him time. Sometimes it is hard for an uninfected person to understand just how tough a herpes diagnosis can be. Let him process it without any pressure.

GECH

I'm here to learn about Herpes. I don't have any STDs, but the man I love has Herpes. His feeling is my biggest concern right now. He doesn't talk much about his feeling. He's really quiet. But, I guess he's suffering a lot of emotional pains. I think I can sense something in his eyes.

Joining this forum and reading posts from other members help me a lot. I hope I could understand more about the pain and suffering that people with Herpes are dealing with. I don't have much dating experience. I don't know what I should say or what I should do to support him. I really want him to be happy. I want him to know that no matter what he has, I still love and support him. I'll be on his side whenever he needs me.

Any help? I really appreciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Gems
      I've had neg swabs but I am sure you'll get it. Follow the process. I haven't read the thread in exact detail, but if you have documentation of doctors mishandling your case when you get/ if you get a poss inform them in writing as well as the medical board I think.  Under diagnosis is as problematic as false pos and reducing transmission is good.
    • MikeIke
      @WilsoInAusi wish you were right.  you can't say that with such confidence having never met me though.  I had one MD look at my sore on Sunday @ 8pm, said it was not looking herpetic but to come back in the morning.  I came back in the morning and he said it looked exactly like a cold sore/HSV1 based on the changes / "ablative look" to the skin around the lip.  The Dermatologists have never seen me with a sore until yesterday, too, and had only seen pictures.  They're used to the classic HSV2 look that shows up in Google Images. I think the swab test will be definitive - we broke open the sore and sent it off within  48 hours of appearing.  I'm also waiting for my 13 week IGG type specific HerpeSelect Immunoblot any day now using RequestATest - LabCorp.
    • Gems
      Not really wanting to call Terry.  I'll be checking the term anecdotal as I agree it may not be the best term. Maryland University seems to disagree and there was a researcher looking into random transmissions off poss objects in the eighties.

There are two cases of torts in the USA in regards to transmission from surfaces. These require a 50% probability in causation and would be medically confirmed. I would say the reason it is less documented as people just deal with it and get on with their lives or it happens more frequently in lower socio economic groups that all just go into denial.

I'm collecting the less than usual experiences Wilson, and not all professionals agree with Terry. These myths in my experience do not always get around with no basis.
    • Gems
      You can use the ignore button however they will still see your comments.
    • Gems
      The thread was more about antibodies any ways and I was just mostly sharing my experience of reading  those who claim a neg IgG. I am sorry I veered from that here.

One person I have read here claim neg IgG. And years ago there were two people who also claimed neg IgG.

It is up to each person to do their own research before they spend money on products.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.