World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Stripes11

I just need someone to talk to.

Stripes11

Hey everyone.

I guess we'll start with my story...it's short, with little information.

I haven't been diagnosed, but i know i have it, with the blistering, the fever, headaches, cold soar, discharge, soar throat, and amount of pain i'm in right now, it couldn't be anything else. Yet, my doctor cant get me in till Nov. 2nd, and i don't think i can wait that long. I've been calling Planned Parenthood to get a time to go in as soon as i can....until then, I've been using powder to dry out my blisters, and am thinking of shooting down to rite aid to find some cream, like dynamiclear?

I'm unsure of how i got this.

I've been with one person only, for 10 months now.

He's been with a few girls in the past, but how could he have it and it not show up until a year after meeting me?

Could i have gotten it from college? Possibly from using public bathrooms and showers? I'm so confused. Is it that easy to pass?

I found my first blister just 3 days ago, now they're worse, bringing unbearable pain. I've heard the first OB is the worse, so maybe this wont be so bad. I've been reading everyones posts, and it's really been helpful, so i really want to say thanks! I'm really trying to make the best out of this, i like hearing people say it's going to be okay, i really need that.

I really dont have anyone to talk too. The only person who knows is my boyfriend obviously...and thank god for him.

I cant tell my parents, they'd blame my bf, and they'd hate him, and what if they think i'm gross? I'm not saying anyone with it is gross, but i thought that before i had it of course, didn't everyone?

I just really need people to talk to me about this, and this is a really good website for me to read about other peoples situations, and reassure myself everything will be okay.

Thanks for ready! Sorry i rambled.

justmyself

Well, as they say, welcome to the club that no one wants to belong to.

Does your boyfriend have it, or know whether he does or not?

You are going in the right direction so far, with going to a doctor to be diagnosed. Keep trying to get into the planned parenthood. The meds to lessen the outbreak work better the sooner you take them, and also, the swab test is more accurate if you have it done soon after the outbreak.

Dynamiclear is only for sale online, as far as I know anyway. It is also VERY expensive!

Try soaking in epsom salt baths, or regular salt will work, if you don't have epsom salt. People on here say witch hazel works too. I never tried either one. I was visiting a friend when I got my first outbreak and didn't tell her anything about it.

There are many people on here who are unsure of how they got this. You can get a blood test to not only tell you what type you have, if they can't tell from the swab test, but it will also let you know if it is an old or new virus. If you got it within the last 3 months, your blood test will come back negative, even if the swab test is positive. If the blood test is positive, you have had the virus for over 3 months.

Read the info on the right side of this page. The virus is caught by skin to skin contact only. Which, of course, means that you can transfer it and get it without even having sex, like foreplay, touching, etc.

After you have made two posts, you can go to the chat room. It has been kind of quiet in there lately, but you may find someone there from time to time to talk to.

I have yahoo IM too, if you want to chat. I will send it to you as a private message.

WarriorKing

It is very likely you got it from a person. As the last poster said if you get your tests right away you might be able to tell if it was from your most recent partner. But yes it could have been from someone years ago.

gotitsowhat

Read my old post...

Doctor Dictionary. Having you wait until Nov. shows they do not have any idea how to deal with a suspected case of herpes....or they are playing the "Doctor Dictionary" game. My post Doctor Dictionary is under Personal Experiences, but you will have to look for it. It explains all of the ways doctors avoid diagnosing herpes.

You need to get a swab test immediately. I would go directly to Planned Parenthood ASAP. If you wait, the swab test will not be accurate. You will feel a lot better if you can know for sure and then get some meds to help the pain and help the outbreak heal faster.

Dynamaclear is sold online and it's expensive. However, it goes a long way because you only need one drop per outbreak. I have found it helpful as have some others here but some people have complained that it stings (it does) and that it did not help them much. If you can afford it, it is probably worth a try. But if you send for it, you probably won't get it soon enough for this outbreak.

Get the swab test ASAP and then plan to get the blood test done in about 3 months; blood tests are accurate at least 3 months from exposure.

This DOES get better. Early outbreaks are the worst. Get to a clinic or doctor right away. Hope you feel better very soon!

Still Happy

Stripes11,

Hello, well you stated "He's been with a few girls in the past, but how could he have it and it not show up until a year after meeting me?"

Well I was married for seven years before I discovered I really had it and my wife did not (according to the tests). I have read about many cases where HS has remained dormant or just never created symptoms serious enough to be recognized until one random year then wham there it is. This situation causes all sorts of issues including trust issues.

Even in my case I thought I was exposed to it over ten years ago and tested negative way back then. I didn't notice any issues after that for a many years. I'll never know exactly who or when it happened.

I gave up trying to figure it out because it just drives one crazy inside.

With medication you can get it under control and it just becomes more of a random annoyance than a full stop on life.

If your boyfriend is supportive than it sounds like you already have something going for you. Don't sweat this, even if you got it you can get it under control and live a very happy life

Stripes11

Thanks =) that really makes me feel better!

PetiteGeekGirl

Hey Stripes11,

We're all here for you. The first outbreak, for me at least, was definitely the hardest thing to go through, emotionally and physically. I was so scared and in pain all the time.

The thing about it was I got herpes from my boyfriend who was showing no signs of an outbreak at the time. So he definitely had viral shedding that looked asymptomatic, but I still caught it regardless. Know that it can get easier with time, and it is especially helpful to have the support of members on here. It makes me feel a lot better.

Hope everything works out for you.

foofyforever

newly diganosed as well

my first outbreak was awful and two things i did the worked for me is putting some baking soda in a warm bath, and using desatrime- which basically is any form of dipper rash oitment, i know it sounds weird but it worked for me.