World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
really scared

convinced I have it doctors say no so far..

really scared

Alright here goes..

About 3 weeks ago I had a sexual encounter with a female I did not know very well...she briefly performed unprotected oral sex on me and we rubbed our genitals together. There was no penetration but from my research this is no solice to me..

Two days later I immediately noticed I had trouble peeing. I then started to pee blood and I completely freaked out thinking I got something so I went to the ER. The urine came back with lots of bacteria in it so they diagnosed a urinary tract infection and gave me antibiotics. They also treated me for clamedia and gohnoreah(spelling?) as well.

When I started taking the antibiotics I immediately felt better... there were a few herpes related symptoms like a abdominal pain and such so I got nervous and made a follow up appointment with a urologist. He told me I was crazy for suspecting Herpes..

After coming off the antiobiotics i started having loose stools and the runs (still have them and I've been off the antibiotics for over a week now so its not from that). I read that this could be a precurser to a herpes outbreak.

After further freaking out I made another apointment with a PC physician and again he told me that its not herpes related and that I was good to go.

Now recently I noticed a red rash right in the area between my inner thigh and groin where the skin meets. Its irrated and I've never had this before. I went to have the urologist look at it and he said it was typical fungus from the skin and not to worry about it. I also at this time experienced sore knees and overall weak legs.

I know noticed that I get random muscle spasms...they are kinda like short little twitches. My legs also feel like they are asleep some times though its not to noticable. I also twitch from my lower groin and scrotum down to my feet.

I then confronted the woman I was with and she said she has oral herpes (cold sores) that she gets from time to time. She just took a test to see if she has genital herpes. This makes me think I have something...

I've never felt this twitching before so it has to be the virus right? I feel like the doctors are looking for a smoking gun like leasions or sores...so I guess I can't blame them. I can't get blood tested for a few more weeks to ensure accuracy...

Am I crazy? Sorry for the long post...

really scared

oh and the rash is pretty small..its like a line and fits conveniently in the folds of my skin ...which is why I think the doc looked at and so quickly said it wasn't herpes...who knows.

clover

I could be wrong but I don't think you have genital herpes. The symptoms you describe (other than the UTI/bacteria -> Ouch) could be other things. I have never read anything about twitching being associated with herpes.

Also, many people have been exposed to hsv1 (50-80%), so are you sure that you don't already have it?

Anyway- I know the anxiety that thinking you have herpes can bring and I hope your test results come back negative.

Best of luck!

really scared

yeah it just seems like everything is too much of a coincedence...the girl also mentioned she had unprotected sex with someone a couple of times before me...

I found a couple of information online between muscle pains and twitching and and a herpes infection so that has me freaking out. Its just really weird and I hope all this is a big coincedence and nothing more...just something tells me its not.

breckgirl

I am sure that if you looked hard enough, you would find a web site that suggested that if you grew an extra appendage that this could be a symptom of herpes. And everyone knows that everything on the internet is the God's honest truth. Relax. Wait about three months, get a blood test. If you get any sores, get to the doctor and have them swabbed. I hope you feel better soon.

bee54

Sounds like you don't have genital herpes. Rubbing and having a lot of genital manipulation can cause a regular old bacterial urinary tract infection, which would bring on a lot of the other symptoms you describe. That's why the doctor's told you not to worry about herpes.

You talk about muscle spasms... but you've got to have the vesicles/ulcers/rash, girl! The rash you describe on your thigh sounds non-herpetic.

Have you considered simply touching each other without touching yourselves rather than genital to genital or oral to genital contact in your sexual encounters with people you don't know very well?

Hopeiscoming

Your going through what I'm going through.

Stop trying to convince yourself that you have it. Listen to the doctors advice.

Men can get yeast infections too. Ask her if she had one.

jacksprat

Not herpes symptoms. Get an IgG blood test for herpes 12 weeks after exposure to know your status (and now, to know if it's a new infection if it's positive).

ntdc

FIRST STOP GOOGLING HERPES SYMPTOMS

Now wait a few weeks and get a blood test

Nerve pains are very noticeable symptom its not twitches mostly you will feel soreness,creepy-crawly feelings or burning/itching this is the symptoms of herpes.

You probably just have a rash as the urologist said

in the future please use protection so you dont have to worry , condoms will protect you nearly 100% from herpes when getting oral sex.

really scared
FIRST STOP GOOGLING HERPES SYMPTOMS

Now wait a few weeks and get a blood test

Nerve pains are very noticeable symptom its not twitches mostly you will feel soreness,creepy-crawly feelings or burning/itching this is the symptoms of herpes.

You probably just have a rash as the urologist said

in the future please use protection so you dont have to worry , condoms will protect you nearly 100% from herpes when getting oral sex.

thanks everyone - ..

I always thought that non-penetrative sex was a non risk for STDs..or at least a very low - Whether I have it or not I will be way more careful in the future...

I did notice one day that I had a tingling/shock feeling in the bottom of my feet when I woke up - this was about 2 weeks ago - seemed to subside in a day or two..

now...here is what I have in my favor..

1) non penetrative sex - hopefully she wasn't shedding but who knows. I imagine this is a risk for skin to skin rubbing transmission though

2) 5 weeks out - no visible or obvious sores. Couple of pimples on thighs but do not seem herpetic (hopefully)

now...against me..

1) female later mentioned she had HPV. Other STDs are a possibility

2) developed a UTI two days afterwards.. this was really weird and got me scared that i picked up gonnareah or clamydia

3) our "rubbing" was definitely sufficient and created friction. So much so I stopped her after 15 seconds.

Whatever the outcome - I have a better understanding of this.. Its so hard to move forward though! one my friends wants to set me up with girl and I'm afraid right now cause I don't know my status!

totalregret

You can go ahead and get a blood test 5 weeks out. About 50% test positive after 3 weeks and 80% after 6 weeks. My test came back positive after 4 weeks. If you are negative then relax and get tested again in 3-4 months.

really scared

totalregret - I actually tested at 5 weeks and came back negative so I feel a little better. I'm just gonna try and relax and test again at 3 months -

I have been experiencing terrible neuropathy lateley - specificaly resltess leg syndrome. If this is not HSV, I'm wondering if it is a side effect of the levaquinn i took... found some articles about this specific antibiotic and neuro issues.

really scared

phew....just got back my negative test results for both types at 14 weeks. In light of my atypical symptoms and blood test...I'm putting this behind me. It has taken way to much time and energy then it needed to be.

Special thanks to those of you calmed me down in this thread andlistened to me in the chatroom. all I wanted for Xmas was no herpes!...thanks Santa!

coldsorehater09

hey man if you got herpes dont worry about it. 80% of americans have herpes, and most of them dont know. Just buy valtrex and keep living your life. Just think if you had HIV thats much worse man. If someone freaks out when you tell em you have herpes then they are really shallow and just tell em to frig off. Odds are they probly have it too!:wavey:

weirdcase

Do you still have ongoing problems with leg neuropathy and the other stuff? I just got diagnosed with HSV2 after 18 months of this shit, and I was still getting negative test results back 4 months ago! Don't let anyone tell you you "have to" have sores to have herpes, that's utter bullshit. I never had sores until this past summer, and I've still only had them in 3 of a total more than 20 OB's.