World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
pennstategirl2

in need of advice

pennstategirl2

hi. i was just diagnosed with H last weeek and i have been devestated. I joined this forum, hoping someone could listen and give advice :(

i am a college student who was loving life and enjoying my first few weeks of senior year. everything was going my way- i was so happy up until last week.

i had a bf from high school up unil a few months ago, the only person i have ever been with. 2 weeks ago, i hooked up wiith my best friend. we had oral, something i have never really done except with my ex boyfriend. little did we know, my friend had a cold sore forming on his mouth, giving me GH.

I have been absolutly devestated since findng out since last week. I am in shock that something like this could happen to me, considering I normally never go far sexually with guys... i take that stuff very seriously, and i guess i thought it was okay since i was witih my best friend. its just tragic taht I have to live with this the rest of my life, i really cannot belieive it. i feel like its so unfair that I always am so sure to be sexually conservative and i get this, while all my friends are alwayss so promiscous and have never had to deal with this.

My best friend who gave it to me has been supportive, as has my few friends that i have told. still though, i feel alone and dirty. i thiink I will feel better after ii tell my mom, but I have not worked up the courage to tell her yet. i am worried i will be sexually insecure for the rest of my life, i am worried i will never be able to find a guy that accepts this, i am so scared i am going to have another OB like i did last week because it was so extremely painful, i am worried i wont go though 10 minutes of my day without thinkng about it. i feel like my life is in a whirlwind- i cant focus on my schoolwork, or working out, or anything else. its so hard when i put on a happy face for my friends when on the inside im dying.

thanks so much for listening.. i just needed to get my feelings out.

justmyself

You are definitely not alone! There are MANY people on here who get ghsv1 from having oral sex, some of them have not even had intercourse! Read all the information on the right side of this page and read some of the comments on the posts here. You will get an idea of how others are dealing with it and how many people actually have this. It just isn't talked about due to the social stigma. You are young enough to someday see a cure to this virus. HSV1 doesn't shed as often as HSV2, which means it is harder to spread it, and typically people with it don't have as many outbreaks.

Good luck! Join us in the chat room sometime. There are many nice people on here!

amokwithit

Pennstate,

You are SO not alone and you need to realize that. You did nothing wrong and you have nothing to be ashamed of. People from all walks of life have herpes (including doctors and lawyers). Don't be so hard on yourself. You're young and have a lot of living to do. I'll be on here if you want to talk.

Peace.

Prinny973
Pennstate,

You are SO not alone and you need to realize that. You did nothing wrong and you have nothing to be ashamed of. People from all walks of life have herpes (including doctors and lawyers). Don't be so hard on yourself. You're young and have a lot of living to do. I'll be on here if you want to talk.

Peace.

Totally agree...You need to relax and dont be too hard on yourself...I'm sure you are a wonderful person and I'm sure you'll find someone that truly loves...Your entire persona should outshine the fact that you have herpes...please dont stress...

monarchbutterfly

i have hsv1 too :)

and i know how you feel. I got it from oral sex too. I don't sleep around- I want sex to be about love not lust- and my bf somehow gave me H- i think he was asymptomatic and got it from his ex gf or i got it from my other previous encounter but it doesnt matter to us who gave what to who he has hsv1 on mouth and i have it on my genitals and I'm fine. He loves me and I love him. men can love you if you have H and there r very positive stories about guys and girls and girls and guys on here who work out. it's not that big of a deal you just have to conquer the stigma but a man will not accept and love you until you accept and love yourself

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

and you are not dirty

you are the same person- just with a virus

and it gets better and less frequent with age.

it'll get better

tell yourself you are beautiful and sexy and obviously smart bc you're in college (me too im a bio major ((super irony)) ) and be positive. it may take awhile but you'll accept it, just remember it's a skin condition not a death sentence

you are still you

and those people who believe that damned stigma are illinformed and ignorant