World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
sport45

Oral Sex

sport45

I'm sure there must be something about oral sex on this website but I've not found it. Is there a chance of spreading if you have but he doesn't. How do you protect from that?:???:

Morning

This is a difficult one because while most people are cool with condoms, dental dams and edible condoms aren't as commonplace. My ex and I chose to forgo oral; that was torturous. In my current relationship, we both have hsv, but risk infecting new sites because I have genital and he has oral. The risk is there once there is skin to skin contact. You just have to talk about the risk and make efforts to minimize it.

Morning

KitchenCook
Oral H HSV1 can be spread to another persons genitals but it is still HSV1, and genital HSV2, can be spread to the mouth area and other areas.

Take a look at this article:

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_simplex_1_and_2.htm

Thank you for posting that article. That was the most helpful thing I have seen since I found out I have H.

pazdelmar
Oral H HSV1 can be spread to another persons genitals but it is still HSV1, and genital HSV2, can be spread to the mouth area and other areas.

Take a look at this article:

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_simplex_1_and_2.htm

So much info!!! It was very usefull. I just wish I had seen it three days ago, before I told my ex boyfriend about my genital herpes...:???:

keeptruckin

That article was so informative! Thank you for showing it! I seriously have looked over so many articles the past few days (I just found out on Thursday that I have it). This was nice to have one so organized and not as repetitive as the other ones I've read! Thanks again!