World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
somedude

Questions Regarding Oral Sex

somedude

I'm a male and have GH, but during a none BO period where everything is healed.

1. Is it possible to have safe oral sex?

2. Can I have a BJ without transmitting the virus to the womans face?

3. Or are my days of having a BJ completely over?

Thanx

Guest Seatortuga

Ah, I remember whenI was first diagnosed and I thought my days of getting oral sex were over too :rolleyes:

It really depends on the person you are with and what they are comfortable with. I read you other post, and I hope you are planning to have a talk with your girlfriend soon. Just like you, I *think* I may have gotten herpes while I was cheating on someone who loved me. (Just shoot me now) I may not have either, he may have given it to me, but that is beside the point. ( I F'ed up,big time)

He ended up coming back to me, herpes and other flaws included, and lo and behold, I got oral sex! Yeehaa!

Once you get tested and find out what strain you are, it will be easier to tell. HSV2 is hard to pass from genitals to the mouth. HSV1, more likely.

regret

in my opinion, the longer you have the virus the less chances of transmitting it to others, and not while having an ob....i dont know howlong you have had it, but if you have had it for abotu a year or more and you dont have many outbreaks anymore then one can relax more. but you must still disclose to any future partners, so they are aware of it..

breckgirl

I have type 1 downstairs and I have received lots and lots of oral sex. My ex-husband and previous partners never got cold sores on their mouth. But I don't have frequent recurrances, so it could just be a fluke?

sixdollardress

Just to shed some different light on this conversation - I recently contracted oral HSV-2 from performing unprotected oral sex on a man (I'm a chick). Oral HSV-2 is rare, but when it does hit you it's REALLY nasty. Unless the woman is informed of the risk and doesn't care, I would at least use a condom during oral, to protect her.

somedude

I've had it for about 1 month now, but I don't know what kind since I have not been tested.

I'm just afraid that when I get a BJ from my girlfriend that she'll end up with nasty bumps and sores of over her face. For some reason her skin has always been very sensitive. If she got herpes I can't imagine what would happen to her.

Well its good to know that oral sex is still possible, but I just wonder if its worth the risk. I'm a male, and we all know how much a guy loves a nice BJ every now and then. I don't know how any man a go on without it. haha

Guest Seatortuga
I've had it for about 1 month now, but I don't know what kind since I have not been tested.

I'm just afraid that when I get a BJ from my girlfriend that she'll end up with nasty bumps and sores of over her face. For some reason her skin has always been very sensitive. If she got herpes I can't imagine what would happen to her.

Well its good to know that oral sex is still possible, but I just wonder if its worth the risk. I'm a male, and we all know how much a guy loves a nice BJ every now and then. I don't know how any man a go on without it. haha

Like I said, it depends upon what they are comfortable doing. Whichever strain, valtrex will help, of course. I think I remember a poster on here once saying that she and her husband were married and don't do oral sex. :shock: I can't imagine life without oral. Just bein honest, but it seriously depressed me when I first found out I had herpes. I guess there are always condoms:rolleyes:

somedude

How is it having oral sex with a condom? it doesn't sound to appetizing to me (in a womans point of view). I don't snack of penis, so that part doesn't bother me.

sixdollardress
How is it having oral sex with a condom? it doesn't sound to appetizing to me (in a womans point of view). I don't snack of penis, so that part doesn't bother me.

To be frank, I actually prefer to use condoms for oral. Not that I have anything against penises (penii?) - I actually like giving blow jobs more than I like receiving them! But using a condom stops me getting hair in my mouth and stickiness/saliva all over my face. Plus, if a guy has had kind of a hard day, or has been drinking a lot of beer, or something like that, sometimes the taste factor isn't overwhelmingly fantastic. However, you can buy either flavored lubricant or flavored condoms that are designed for oral, and they make giving a BJ like sucking on a lollipop or Popsicle, haha. Which can work to everyone's advantage, because if the chick is eager to nom up the flavor, she's more likely to be...er, energetic about the whole thing.

All just imho, of course. I hope it wasn't TMI.

As I mentioned above, BJs can be just as satisfying for the woman, as well! I would honestly be suicidally disappointed if I could never give one again. I think that if you use a condom, and do everything possible to minimise your shedding, it should be okay. However, ultimately it's up to your girlfriend, and her willingness to risk it. I would - a lot of people wouldn't.

somedude

That does makes sense, if the flavor is better then sucking a cock would be more enjoyable. I'd like to give that a shot.

andli

about 20% of the male have h2, but only a small portion of them know they have it.

i think all the male like to recieve blowjob,but we seldom see woman with oral/facial sores .

so i think it is relative harmless with h2 infected above the waist,:)

may be infected h2 orally first can protect one from getting gh2 later

somedude

I read that it can be transmitted from genitals to face and then back to genitals.

justmyself

It can be transmitted to other parts of your body before you build up antibodies. If your partner is uninfected, you can transmit it to them orally even without an outbreak.

somedude

That's what I heard, and that's what I'm afraid of. I wonder why? I mean if there are no open wounds or blisters then how can the virus be transmitted? it would makes sense if someone has open sores and then transmitted it to someone else.

andli

h2 is transmitted simply by skin contact, thepresence of wund and sores make it easilier!

Butterfly of the Moment

skin to skin contact...but you can shed the virus without having any symptoms. You have a greater chance of spreading the virus obviously if you are experiencing a breakout.

somedude

So basically whether or not you are experience breakout symptoms the skin is always contagious? even while healed?

It's only contagious in the previously infected areas right? so it's OK to touch any other part of my body? I'm trying not to touch myself in anyway possible, unless I really need to.

breckgirl

somedude - after a while, you can touch yourself anywhere you want. You will not autoinnoculate once you have built up the antibodies (takes a few months). You are not contagious ALL THE TIME. Just more contagious when you are experiencing an OB and you may shed the virus at various times during the first year or so after exposure for sure, but then I have heard it lessens over time and you become less contagious. As far as where you are contagious from, if you have it on your genitals, your partner will NOT get it if she touches/kisses your arm, chest, neck, feet, or any other part of your body. (but you are still waiting to see what that rash on your collar bone is, right? so don't let her kiss you there until you find out what that is)

somedude
somedude - after a while, you can touch yourself anywhere you want. You will not autoinnoculate once you have built up the antibodies (takes a few months). You are not contagious ALL THE TIME. Just more contagious when you are experiencing an OB and you may shed the virus at various times during the first year or so after exposure for sure, but then I have heard it lessens over time and you become less contagious. As far as where you are contagious from, if you have it on your genitals, your partner will NOT get it if she touches/kisses your arm, chest, neck, feet, or any other part of your body. (but you are still waiting to see what that rash on your collar bone is, right? so don't let her kiss you there until you find out what that is)

Great, thanx for the info.

So after the rash on my collarbone heals completely, and assuming it is related to herpes. I should keep my girlfriend away from it at all times?

Also, like what if I am lying on the bed, shirtless. And she comes over to rest her head on my chest? keep her away right?

Lastly, since that very first week, and it is coming up on 6 weeks now. I have had no issues with my penis. I guess that still means she can't touch it right? cuz she does like to grasp it.

I wish there was a way to tell when you are shedding. What way, we all know when we can play touchy feely with our partners again. And not have to worry about being contagious even while not having an outbreak.

PleasantlySurprised

This is my concern too

So I'm newly diagnosed (July 09). I thought I contracted it from my bf but he's negative. We're doing fine and are still happily together, but oral sex is a big issue of mine. Neither of us minds having regular sex, but I shy away from him having oral sex with me. I'm afraid he will get oral HSV2. Can anyone provide a link to research that discusses the probability of this type of contamination? I would love to start receiving again:p

macrogod

hello..

hey.. im very new to this site and can use some support right now. i am having a hard time with this site and can't seem to get a response to my thread and chat in the room.

i just found out that i have hsv2 and im really scared and down. i have been sleeping more than usual from the news and can barely eat anything and scared to talk to anyone about it.

anyone that has something to say would be appreciated

thx

PleasantlySurprised

Macro,

I went through the same thing. Actually, I couldn't eat for about 2 weeks. I was sleeping a lot too, but because I am anemic I didn't think much of it. One of the things that helped me get out of my funk was changing my perspective. I realized that HSV2 is a virus that I can LIVE with, and it is not terminal. I could have tested positive for HIV/AIDS but I didn't. Things could be a lot worse for me, but thankfully I only have HSV2.

I was initially given a prescription to take acyclovir during periods of breakouts, however once I realized my bf wasn't leaving me, we decided that I should get a daily prescription (I take it twice a day). This helps me out because I'm not constantly wondering if an ordinary itch is a symptom of a breakout.

If you allow yourself to change perspective things will get better.

Guest Seatortuga

Somedude, with you only being infected for about two months now, you are still pretty contagious, probably as contagious as you'll ever be. It's time to have a talk with this girl, and what she does is her decision, whether it be to stay or go, give you head, kill you and throw you in the river...etc.

Like I said, the man I am with now loves me with all my flaws and even though I haven't always treated him like I should. You gotta have the talk.

somedude
Somedude, with you only being infected for about two months now, you are still pretty contagious, probably as contagious as you'll ever be. It's time to have a talk with this girl, and what she does is her decision, whether it be to stay or go, give you head, kill you and throw you in the river...etc.

Like I said, the man I am with now loves me with all my flaws and even though I haven't always treated him like I should. You gotta have the talk.

She will be here this Friday, I want to tell her but I don't know how. Should I just say:

1. I felt itchy and had a rash, so I went to the doctor and had a blood test, they told me I have herpes?

or

2. I just got it somehow, doctor told me?

or

3. I had sex with another person, now I have herpes?

I don't know which one to say, I don't mind the herpes part. But I really don't want to tell her I had sex with someone else.