Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garrettg7

This is either new, or a dismally inactive website, or both

16 posts in this topic

Welcome to the HC Message Board - Let's get started!

Hi there :)

Thank you for your post! Yes, this discussion forum is new, it was installed two days ago. We have a large online community and hope that everyone enojoys this new feature to our website.

With herpes it is important to have an avenue for support and conversation, trust and communication, and we hope this message board helps to provide this.

Good luck and best wishes,

The Management

argh.

Hi. I think that I might have herpes, but I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm so scared to go. Before I go, I feel like I need to talk to others who have the virus (or those who think they do) to help me get up the nerve to go. If someone gets this, can you please write back? thanks.

argh.

Hi. I think that I might have herpes, but I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm so scared to go. Before I go, I feel like I need to talk to others who have the virus (or those who think they do) to help me get up the nerve to go. If someone gets this, can you please write back? thanks.

Hi

Hey, I know its hard but you have to do it.

1. You could be worrying about nothing... & then if you find out that you don't have it it will be a load off of your mind

and... 2. Once you know, you can treat the condition correctly. There are so many people out there going through the same thing, so don't feel alone. Going to the doctor is the sensible thing to do, I hope it goes well..

Best wishes. KC

There's a new section for the above posts!

There's a new section for the above posts!

I'm new too. Thanks for these forums!!

P.S. In Washington if you do NOT have medical insurance you can NOT see a doctor regarding ANY kind of herpes, as the local clinics will NOT deal with any herpes related symptoms. :roll:

NICE eh?

If anyone knows different let me know!

Brahmadomtao@hotmail.com (no spam please!!!)

Hi Rosey

Hey Rosey, I know it's scary going to the dr. I was diagnosed with genital herpes several years ago. It is scary going to the dr. On one hand, you don't want to be sick. On the other hand you don't want to find out that you have an incurable / transmittable disease. It is also embarrassing to go.

Please understand that more than one out of 4 Americans have this disease. It is very common and though there is no cure, it is manageable. My dr. prescribed famvir for me and I have managed the symptoms quite well with this drug.

The worst of it is not knowing and then dreading the visit and the potential shock of finding out. But there is a chance you are dealing with something other than herpes.. of course there is the chance that you have it. If you do, it isn't the end of the world. I promise you.

Go to the doctor and find out for sure, educate yourself and then look for a way to manage it.

herpes dating someone w/o

has anyone with herpes ever had a successful relationship with someone who does not? I find this the most difficult thing about having herpes and and am wondering if I should just look for someone who has it.

dealing with herpes

In response to whether or not you have herpes and what to do, all I can say from experience is educate, educate, educate. And find out if you do have it and don't let the fear and (unnecessary) shame get the best of you; the sooner you know, the less anxiety you will have and be better able to move on. Gotta be strong and courageous. If you do have it, find out how to deal with it from a personal, sexual mechanics, emotional, and social point of view. It CAN be done, but I do wish myself that there was more public, I mean screaming-for-attention-PUBLIC, education about this virus. Having it isn't so bad, it's dealing with people's perception of it that can be tiresome. It can be a way to screen people out (e.g., people who don't respect you or accept you for who you are and who wants that?), but it certainly isn't easy.

curious, I have been contemplating the same situation. How in the world could you possibly have a successful relationship with someone who doesn't have herpes???????? I think it'll be too stressful to try and maintain a relationship with a non-herpetic person because you'll be too worried about them getting it and then you'll never forgive yourself for giving it to them then you'll assume they hate you for it which they might very well be hateful towards you about it. I just can't see myself with someone who doesn't have herpes because I'm not about to be stressing out over them, hoping they don't contract it because I need to be stress-free as possible so my health and immune system will stay normal.

HCS SUPPORT TEAM. It's very interesting to see that you monitor this site. What organization(s) supports this site? Ar eyou at all affiliated with a pharmacuetical company? Does your organization have access to HSV investigational researchers to investigation new therapies or potential cures? How about monetary support for for studies for cures or therapies. Please respond.

Management

Hi there :)

Thank you for your post.

This message board is set-up and maintained by Herpes-Coldsores.Com, although we do run some advertisements on our network our priorities are to provide up-to-date and helpful information, support and awareness regarding STDs, especially herpes. Our hope with this message board is to try and provide an outlet for anyone with or affected by the H virus - bring people together to share their thoughts and feelings, and to educate and support one another. So far we are very happy with the outcome. Keep up the posts guys - we hope you meet like-minded friends and connections along the way! Regarding your questions, we do not have the resources to give funding to research but we can help by promoting the details of the research through our network. If you'd like to give us further information please send it to support@herpes-coldsores.com

HC-Support-Team

going to the doctor

I was quite embarrassed and scared but i went to the doctor. They told me that because I went on my first outbreak, I had less chance of breakout with quick treatment.if if I

the date w/o

I hope I'm not intruding, but my boyfriend has recently told me he has the h-virus. We're not sexually active...and wouldn't be until marriage...but he did tell me early in our relationship and I respect him the more for it.

It was interesting to read online how to prepare to tell your partner...but I haven't found a site if you're the one without the virus.

When the discussion here was chosing Not to get into a relationship with someone without it...should my reaction be... Not to get into one with someone who does?

As the female...the potential complications this could cause during pregnancy also scares me.

A lot of information out there says this virus is 'just an irritating skin disease' - so why am I scared? Is it really of just the 'unknown'?

Does the one w/o the virus really stand a chance over the course of years of really staying virus-free?

Re: argh.

Hi,

Sorry that you think you might be infected. However by not going to the dr. you are risking your health, becuz if it is there are medications and support for it, and also becuz it could be something else that is more serious. Not to mention you should refrain from sexual contact until you know for sure.

As Nike says.....JUST DO IT, you will be glad you did, and have nothing to loose.

If you are imbarassed then just say that you would like to have a test for stds & aids. Say its because you had unprotected sex and are having problems.

There are also clinics for low income that are free if that is an issue.

:D Hang in there and keep in touch!

Re: herpes dating someone w/o

hello, i've never dated anyone who DOES have herpes and i've had it since 1995. i've told every single partner since i contracted it and they have all (6 different ppl) been very understanding and accepting. of those 6 ppl, i was sexually active with 5 and had serious relationships with 2. am currently in the 2nd relationship. i never even thought about dating someone with it, i just assumed i had to tell whomever i dated and wanted to go to a sexual level with. i actually can't imagine dating someone with it, i have rather frequent b/o's and if i was with some else who had the disease, we'd NEVER be able to connect on a sexual level!!

has anyone with herpes ever had a successful relationship with someone who does not? I find this the most difficult thing about having herpes and and am wondering if I should just look for someone who has it.