World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
seafree

depress

seafree

I was officially diagnoses yesterday. I am in my second ob since this pass july. My life has change. I am depress and cry all the time. I was going to school and drop out yesterday. I could not concentrate in the material. I feel my life is over. I understand that H is a skin condition and that with medication is controlable. However, I have it and is contatious. I have a boyfriend. He is very supportive at this moment. However, I am scare all the time and cry all the time. I am afraid I am going to loose him because I cannot handle having herpes.:(

iAngra

you'll be ok, I feel the same as you. Some day, whether or not it is this boyfriend or another, you will be completely loved regardless by somebody and you will feel good about yourself. Please don't be depressed. don't let herpes define you, make sure you rise above it. If you can show your boyfriend that it doesnt bother you, he won't be bothered. but i know thats hard. I wish I could make you feel better.

JBnATL

It will get better

You are going through a normal phase of coping with your diagnosis. Hopefully this will pass soon. Please read the information on this site, the more you know about this the more you will see that it is pretty much a harmless little virus.

Do a search on herpes support groups, hopefully there is one in your area. Seeing other normal people with this 'gift' should hopefully allow you to accept much more easily.

And come to the "Live Chat" room. There are plenty of nice people there you can chat with.

Good luck!

JB

E2F83

school

Please reconsider about school. H is not something to drop out of school for.

MsLucy

The worst thing you could do at this point is to drop out of school, or stop doing any of the things you normally do. When you're depressed about some circumstance in your life (and this applies to any of life's turds) it's all about going through the motions until they become normal again. Otherwise, you find yourself caught in a terrible inertia, left with nothing to do except sit and contemplate how shitty things are. Self pity is a deep well, and once you've fallen so far down into it, it's very hard to pull yourself back out. Don't let yourself fall that far down.

Trust me... this is not the only bad thing that's going to happen to you in your life. If you roll over and play dead every time something bad happens, it's going to be a long haul, indeed.

Go back to school. Make yourself get up and get dressed every day. Talk to people. Make yourself smile at them. Go shopping. Do whatever it is you do. Make yourself keep putting one foot in front of the other until you don't have to make yourself do it anymore. I know it's hard, but you can do it, and before long, you'll find your balance again. I promise.

devastatedbythis

school

please go back to school dont let one bad situation turn it into two or three. You have a lot on your plate I understand but use school as a tool to focus on. I dont understand what an initial outbreak is because I have had only one blister at a time and that was bad enough I didnt realize what it was but school and work has helped alot outside of that I am obsessed and I dont want to feel that way anymore. I am very sorry for your heartache.

gotitsowhat

Old time Quakers had a saying

The worst thing you could do at this point is to drop out of school, or stop doing any of the things you normally do. When you're depressed about some circumstance in your life (and this applies to any of life's turds) it's all about going through the motions until they become normal again. Otherwise, you find yourself caught in a terrible inertia, left with nothing to do except sit and contemplate how shitty things are. Self pity is a deep well, and once you've fallen so far down into it, it's very hard to pull yourself back out. Don't let yourself fall that far down.

Trust me... this is not the only bad thing that's going to happen to you in your life. If you roll over and play dead every time something bad happens, it's going to be a long haul, indeed.

Go back to school. Make yourself get up and get dressed every day. Talk to people. Make yourself smile at them. Go shopping. Do whatever it is you do. Make yourself keep putting one foot in front of the other until you don't have to make yourself do it anymore. I know it's hard, but you can do it, and before long, you'll find your balance again. I promise.

The old Quaker saying for getting through times so difficult you really don't think you can make it:

"Do ye now next thing."

WarriorKing

I say fight back. Don't let this microscopic little virus derail your life. School will give you something to do. Don't even worry about the grades. Just go.