World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
redyellowpurpleblue

constant outbreaks?

redyellowpurpleblue

hi. ive been having constant outbreaks for over 4 months and it has never gone away.

whats the longest this has been for anyone else?

artgirl87

You mean like one continuous outbreak for 4 months? Are you sure thats herpes because its not supposed to do that...

Anyway, yes I get tons and tons of outbreaks. I don't get sores so its hard to tell how many days the outbreaks themselves last, but I usually get a few days of burning/pain/tingling in my lower back and then some really severe itching and about a day or day and a half of severe stinging pain. So at least the symptoms I'm aware of last for about 3 or 4 days total, followed by maybe 3-5 days of feeling "normal" and then right back to the back pain and another OB. The longest I've had inbetween OB's is a week and a half or maybe 2 weeks since I got the virus in March.

lizabeth

Yeah.. I was having constant outbreaks also.. and needed supressive therapy and it really really helped.. It does suck taking 2 pills a day.. but it's way way better than the Obs

redyellowpurpleblue

i have tried lots of lysine and it never worked. i also tried acivlovir once doc gave me and it didnt work. did you never get any sort of break from it without the pills liz? i heard valtrex is the same as aciclovyir so that wouldnt work either? have i got a resistant strain?

i just wanna be able to let my willy hang out one day ya know!

at times it looks like its just about to go away then BANG. i wake up and theres even more new sores.

BeautifullyBroken

mine is the same way. i had the bumps in the same place for over four months now. i have all the correct symptoms of herpes so i don't believe its anything else. i don't know what to tell you. i've asked this question a lot too and never really got a clear answer.

artgirl87
artgirl87,

do you have Ghsv1 or Ghsv2?

I actually have both types, but genitally I have hsv-2

redyellowpurpleblue

is there ever gonna be any relief for those of us that are having to put up with this constant outbreaks? its so depressing!

are we stuck like this forever? there must be some treatment!?

smithconfused

very depressing. i get obs every month during my period. it sucks.

Undefeated

What type of lysine are you taking? When I was first diagnosed (June 09) I tried a regular lysine from walmart but it didn't work. Now I take Super Lysine by Quatum (i think that's the spelling) health from the health food store and I also take Solary Olive leaf. Those two supplements every couple of days in addition to a lot of herbal, usually green tea, (replaced coffee with tea) and I never get outbreaks. I do however, experience the lower back pains but it's manageable. There are many things you can do to stop the outbreaks. Organic sulfur is excellent as well, just do your research! We'll all be fine, try to relax as much as possible and surround yourself with positive things and positive people and stay strong in faith!! You'll be fine!!:)

iAngra

I have experienced what your talking about, im so sorry. My advice is take high doses of an antiviral, OR switch your antiviral. Valtrex stopped working for me, but somehow acyclovir does work for me. Then there are more you could take as well. If you are suffering dont be afraid of talking to your doctor about it and taking MORE antivirals. most of my suffering from outbreaks is caused by me not taking the pills all the way through, or taking not enough or just not taking them at all. I would see what your doctor has to say, im sorry :(

revolucion

hello everybdy

i have tried my own urine. and that has worked for me a lot.thas the only thing it worked. a fews days ago i ate cocunut ice cream and the outbeak came out.but i still drinking the water of life like bible says.and the outbreak got off quickly

keepingthefaith

jackpot

I thought I had hit the jackpot after continuously getting OBs every week and stopped getting them for 2 months (after sustained doses of Valtrex 1000 mgs a day).

Then I got one last week and still feeling crummy about it. And I can't tell if it went away, after 10 days and the valtrex again. I think I get sores around my anus and can never tell if i'm just having "problems" or it's still an OB. Could it be? Does anybody know?